Sign in with
Your question

Wireless

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 20, 2010 2:10:23 PM

Hello,
How can I see who's on my wireless network?

More about : wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 20, 2010 6:48:08 PM

You tell by checking your wireless router's user setup screens (see lietrature which came with router or download full manual from CD or maker's website).

Different routers display users-online in different ways but it should be pretty obvious as you explore the menus.

To deter intruders always enable wireless security.
m
l
August 1, 2010 1:06:55 AM

106347,2,336296 said:
You tell by checking your wireless router's user setup screens (see lietrature which came with router or download full manual from CD or maker's website).

Different routers display users-online in different ways but it should be pretty obvious as you explore the menus.

To deter intruders always enable wireless security.[/quotemsg

Thank you for addressing my question and I do appologize for not responding as quickly as I should have.
I purchased Netgear WNR2000 (whatever that means) my point is, it has multiple security options but I am forced to use WEP
because that is the highest secuity a device in my network is capable.
m
l
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 1, 2010 7:31:02 AM

WEP is not very secure -- though, frankly, how many of your neighbours do you imagine would spend the time to learn how to crack it ?

You can also invoke Access List (which filters by MAC ID -- only allowing computers with wireless adapters you recognise to connect). This is not particularly secure either but together would cause a potential hacker extra work.

May be better to replace the device which requires WEP as these are usually old and slow anyway.
m
l
!