Wireless

Hello,
How can I see who's on my wireless network?
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless
  1. You tell by checking your wireless router's user setup screens (see lietrature which came with router or download full manual from CD or maker's website).

Different routers display users-online in different ways but it should be pretty obvious as you explore the menus.

To deter intruders always enable wireless security.
  2. You tell by checking your wireless router's user setup screens (see lietrature which came with router or download full manual from CD or maker's website).

Different routers display users-online in different ways but it should be pretty obvious as you explore the menus.

To deter intruders always enable wireless security.[/quotemsg

Thank you for addressing my question and I do appologize for not responding as quickly as I should have.
    I purchased Netgear WNR2000 (whatever that means) my point is, it has multiple security options but I am forced to use WEP
    because that is the highest secuity a device in my network is capable.
  3. WEP is not very secure -- though, frankly, how many of your neighbours do you imagine would spend the time to learn how to crack it ?

You can also invoke Access List (which filters by MAC ID -- only allowing computers with wireless adapters you recognise to connect). This is not particularly secure either but together would cause a potential hacker extra work.

May be better to replace the device which requires WEP as these are usually old and slow anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Wireless Network Wireless Networking