Questions on buy a CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezk

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
I am browsing ebay for either a i7 extreme 975 or 980x, although the 975 is more $$$ even though its a quad and performs < than the 980x

What i would like to know is:

People on ebay are selling the chip but says its an "Engineered Sample" -Whats this mean? Was it used for benchmarking? cause i just last week bought a 1090t from a guy who said "was used in benchmarking-never oc'd- and it works great.

While others advertise a GT-R extreme cpu thats supposedly "better" and they say dont waste ur money on a 1k chip...

example
http://cgi.ebay.com/GT-R-Extreme-Intel-Core-i7-950-CPU-4-44GHz-NEW-/290508135359?pt=CPUs&hash=item43a3a25bbf

so whats GT-R extreme?

And today some guy (i cant find the link) was selling a 980x. A guy asked him to lower the price saying that his the batch number he posted is "bad, not good. Please lower the price"-- the seller said no

What does he mean by "batch"? Its the same processor as every other 980x. THere all mass produced by intel are they not? How can one be better than another?

Solution
I Doubt it. I have never heard of any "Gold" or GTX intel CPU's.

I would never buy loose CPU's like that from ebay. There us no such thing as a "gold GTX 950"

in fact, the i7 950 is about 295$ so yeah.... this is almost definetely a scam. I would only ever think otherwise if the seller would let me come by and see it in person in a computer, and event then its probably just a plain 950 and the seller is making a giant bullshit story around it in order to sell it.

ezk

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
EDIT:

yea i know 1366 socket is dead, dead and dead. and i do know that sandy-bridge is next quarter (Q1). However it will be so expensive just to get a higher than mid ranged cpu i feel. since its "dead" i see prices falling and therefore ppl wanting the new architecture therefore selling these bad boys cheap and the other components as well.

Plus you can never stay ahead of this technology. I upgraded right when people were talking about am3 platform. oops.. i got screwed out of ddr3 ram and phenom support somewhat. owell. well now, yet again, i upgrade to a 1090t with ddr3 and AMD is changing sockets to am3+ i believe. POOP!

but im fine with it because im not gonna upgrade again for x amount of years anyway.

so please dont criticize me on having a stupid philosophy

thx

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Oh I agree with your philosphy! :lol:

Happened to me as well, fortunately AMD is not such a bitch about using new CPU's in older sockets, they are very nice considering that, as oppose to intel, who brings out a new socket(s) for every next platform..... :pfff:
New mobo my ass my old one works just fine!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
I Doubt it. I have never heard of any "Gold" or GTX intel CPU's.

I would never buy loose CPU's like that from ebay. There us no such thing as a "gold GTX 950"

in fact, the i7 950 is about 295$ so yeah.... this is almost definetely a scam. I would only ever think otherwise if the seller would let me come by and see it in person in a computer, and event then its probably just a plain 950 and the seller is making a giant bullshit story around it in order to sell it.

Solution

ezk

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
so these samples? are they just as stable as the real thing? If it practically is consider it and legit i would consider buying it instead of blowing twice the offered price from a vendor

thx for the reply. i was thinking that "GTX gold cpu" deal was a scam but i wasnt sure. it looks so convincing

Burd3n

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Hi guys, just a short little bit of info... REGARDING the REDLINE GTR I7 950 Cpu forsale on ebay...
I just bought the GTR 950 CPU, together with a EVGA 3 SLI motherboard, and 12GB G-Skill ram

Ok well my pc runs @ 4.44GHZ. i can prove that... and the core temp is @ 45-50 deg...
This add is not a scam! i will prove it and well im currently just finishing my upgrades and i will post some videos/pix of how
crazy this cpu is... The seller on EBAY has 400+ Positive ratings, and sold over 50 of these CPU's and GOT POSITIVE
Ratings from everybody... he is a very kind, helpfull guy and i wouldnt just condemn him because you dont believe it...
Well i took the punch and spent 1000 us $ on a cpu, mobo, and ram that i didnt know what was going to happen with and Everything went smooth... ... he ALSO HAS A MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and stays in contact with you loooong after you received your stuff...

Just do your research before you ppl diss a guy thats actually legit!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

Well today you can buy an i7 950, with that mobo and that amount of ram for LESS than $1000,

Just sayin, :whistle:

Burd3n

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011

Read the CPU 's add... it runs @ 4.44ghz... WHY DO I WANT A 950 running @ 3.06 if i can get a 4.44 for 399$ ???

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
And when did $399 come into play? I thought you said $1000 for all... How expensive was the mobo and ram?

Anyways I just put those 3 things in a basket on newegg.com, and the total came tooooooooo:

$674.97

And yes you can OC those parts to 4.44Ghz.

You have officially been,
SCAMMED

Cheerz :sol:

Status
Not open for further replies.