My motherboard dying?

greekeagle12

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
From June my problems started... my ocz ssd vertex 2 60gb was black out (not recognised at the bios) and had to secure erase and reformat/reinstal w7....
now..
1) one of my wd hd an 20ears sata 2 randomly disconects
2) my ps2 mouse randomly disconects (light off-no power)
3) my usb wired keyboard randomly disconects/reconnects and
4) my new jbl audioset 2.0 make some noise like when the cable is moving from behind the pc socket....????
from the begining, 1,5 years ago, i had problems with this motherboard..... could not make it work with a new coolermaster silent 850w (the fan spined for some seconds and rebooted).... at the service dep then they told me is alright and they cant see any problem at the motherboard or the psu
(but my mistake was that i took to them each piece at the time and not together)
... nevertheless .... it managed to work it with a chiper psu of the chiefteck copmpany 550w for a 1 1/2 years now without problems
... so... is my motherboard dying? or is something with the psu? .........(allready checked cables, etc)
thats why it losts randomly sata, usb, ps2 connections?

p.s and sometimes even the door of the dvdrw denies to open after i press the open button... i must do this twice to open... strange things

motherboard: asus p7p55d evo, cpu i5-750, ram corsair 1600 4gb 2x2, psu chieftec aps 550w, gpu palit 240, hd: ocz vertex 2 60gb, wd 20ears, wd 750gb aads x2, wd 80gb

greekeagle12

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
@ ssmurphss ... i am a "veteran" at pc's.. i allready did.. cpu temp is 50 idle (o.c @3.37) and with 35c here in Greece... no problem... as about the voltages, at the bios all voltages are above..+3 , +5 , +12...

@pepe2907 this was on my mind but the power that i need is not more than 350 and the psu is 550w... maybe is going bad? (my gpu is only pcixpress powered)

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
I had a PSU like yours - /some, maybe not the same/ 550W chiefteck - for some time - I got it in excahnge of a dyed out unit, and it powered a Q6600 system with 2 or 3 HDD, DVDRW, 8GB RAM, GTX8800 and although it should be ok for this system it actually worked near it's edge. Later I bought a better and more powerfull PSU, along with other components - regular upgrade, and tested the old config with it and it realy worked better with more stability and not affected by fluctuations in grid power /have these, even the system is powered through an interactive UPS/.

greekeagle12

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
i made my pc litlle pieces today and reconnect everything... changed sata cables, etc... i will post if i see a diferent behavior