Mother board compaairing

jchambers2586

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

jsanthara

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
The Gigabyte doesn't have eSATA, but it does have 3 PCIe x16 slots (The Asus has 2) and 2 PCI slots (the Asus has 1). The Gigabyte also got better reviews on newegg.

Besides the eSATA, the only other thing I noticed is that in the features section the Asus says "Quad-GPU SLI and Quad-GPU CrossFireX Support!" while the Gigabyte says "Multi-display support with 2 way SLI and 2 way CrossFireX".

As for the MSI, It only had 3 reviews, but they didn't look good. Also it does not have firewire (which the Asus and Gigabyte have) or eSATA.

All three motherboards are very similar. Personally I would go with the Gigabyte because it is cheaper, and eSATA isn't that important to me. I can't speak to the "Quad-GPU" support. Good luck picking your board.

jchambers2586

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
How do u have quad SLI/cross fire with only 3 PCIE slots. The only thing I need is SLI/cross fire with 2 GPU's and sata 3 6GB and USB 3.0. I have never owned a gigabyte board before. Asus support is slipping they cant under stand English very well if at all. I have looked at the bios on gigabyte reviews. I am like huh. Is it me or is Asus bios more easier to navigate threw. I over clock my CPU's but not my GPU's

jsanthara

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
If all you want is SLI/cross fire with 2 GPU's, SATA III (6Gb/s), and USB 3.0 then go with the Gigabyte board. It has all the features you want and it is $20 cheaper.

As for the BIOS, I have the Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 and personally I'm fine with the BIOS. I did have trouble setting a BIOS user password, but there turned out to be an easy fix. The touch BIOS they offer is a different story though, not really my cup of tea.

I'm just as confused as you about the "Quad-GPU", like I said, I can't speak to that.