Sign in with
Your question

Ethernet driver

Last response: in Networking
April 22, 2010 9:43:40 AM

hi
i have a problem with my ethernet driver m using dell gx270 windows xp service pack 2.i cant find the driver online
please help

More about : ethernet driver

April 22, 2010 10:11:36 AM

RAVIN_03 said:
hi
i have a problem with my ethernet driver m using dell gx270 windows xp service pack 2.i cant find the driver online
please help

Promise the first thing you'll do when you get your ethernet device working is to download and install SP3 and I'll tell you. :D  Seriously - it is necessary and so are the seventy some subsequent updates.

One of the better things about having a Dell is the Service Tag on the case. Key that into Dell website and you'll be linked to the precise drivers for the equipment they put in it. If it was added afterwards, click its Properties in Device Manager and click the Details tab. Note the four digits after VEN and do the same for those after DEV. Next, in your other computer, go to http://www.pcidatabase.com and input those entries into the boxes provided. The information that appears next is the manufacturer's name and the reference for the part with, hopefully, a link to the driver.

!