Help k9a motherboard and 5770 videocard want work

mitch_22

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
hello,
i have a k9a motherboard that has worked very well for me until my videocard fan went out and burned up the other day.
So i went out and got the 5770xfx card put it in and nothing but like 8beeps from my motherboard.
just was wondering why or if mabe somebody has this problem as well and could shed some light on my problem.
i did try looking for an update from msi but it didnt help my problem mabe there not updating the bios so i am forced to by anew motherboard?
but dang its not broke lol. My pc has 4g ddr2 ram 650 watt ps windows vista 32bit amd2 2800 dcp
any help will be more than what xfx told me get a new motherboard lol

When your old card is burned up, it might take the motherboard as well...

Have the board manual? So you can find out what that "8beeps" mean...

Last, you can try the card (HD5770) in different PC, just to make sure the card is fine...

mitch_22

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
well i did put the card in my brothers pc and it worked fine matter of fact his video card is in this one now.
I just dont wanna give up on this computer cause of a videocard .
i was just wonderin if mabe somebody had the k9a motherboard and had this problem im having trying to get the 5770 to work in this k9a motherboard.
mabe there was a setting or something.
i could do i mean its a crossfire motherboard its alittle older but not that old.
i mean its not a dino yet it really does run good even now but dam i would like to be using that card.
its got 2 pci express slots.my old card still works it just gets hot and well you know quits but if there is anybody that can help me get this thing to work i will be so happy not to replace motherboard that still runs good cause if i do that ill be building a new comp and i dont really wanna