New wireless networking without the hub

Orchidas

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2004
I heard from someone that you could connect wireless to the Net without having to be near a wireless hub. Apparently it's a little mobile device you slot into the notebook. Anyone heard about this and and give me some advice how I can get this? :)

"FUN will now commence." Seven of Nine - Stardate : 53679.4

ClutchWorks

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2003
I heard from someone that if you wrap your head in tinfoil, the aliens cant read your thoughts. Can someone tell me how to do this right, cause they are stealing all my good ideas.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you'll slot that mobile device into the notebook it will be slotted as advertised and Net will have to deal with it whether it wants it or not, so don't be afraid and slot that thing in, you'll see how easily Net can be fooled without the hub.

PS: I would defiantly ask the same "someone" you heard it from the same question though, just to be sure.

..this is very useful and helpful place for information...

folken

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
You can get sattelite or cell internet wirelessly on a laptop from anywhere. There are PCMCIA sattelite cards but I'm pretty sure the service is very expensive. Most cellphones now days can be used as dialup modems via their datalink cables. Or you can get a pcmcia cell dialup card.
As for finding those just do a google search for sattelite internet or something, I'm sure it will point you in the right direction.
I think that answers your question :)

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>