Status
Not open for further replies.

_tru_

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Will the Case PSU Hold?

my setup:

Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP w/500W PSU

Graphics: XFX HD 5770 (my lil bro upgraded to a 5870 so i got this off him for $50 :pt1cable: )

CPU: Athlon X3 445 might wind up getting the 450 instead

Mobo: ASRock M3A770DE

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600

HD: SAMSUNG SATA 3.0 320GB 7200 RPM

Optical: ASUS Black DVD-RW

NOTES: as you can see im on a budget. im going to be slight gaming i think the most intesive game will be bf2:bc or w.o.w. the only thing i can see me self upgrading is ram. im not going to overclock or anything like that either.

Solution
that psu is NOT good...

i came into possesion of a 500w raidmax (dont remeber model) a long time ago. i opened the cover to see if it looked worth keeping, and i kept it since it was silent and had ok build quality...

but later i put it in a computer, an dthe psu worked fine for a while. then i moved, and so the pc was just sitting around in the garage. so i go to plug it in, and it smells a little funny, but the pc boots. anyway, i shut it down, and later i go to turn it on it EXPLODES. smoke, sparks out the back, a nice BANG!

so even raidmax psus that look ok inside (even to somewhat of a power supply expert), can be built like junk...

so dont trust a raidmax.

i would recommend you to get one of the following
[will put them here...

shovenose

Distinguished
that psu is NOT good...

i came into possesion of a 500w raidmax (dont remeber model) a long time ago. i opened the cover to see if it looked worth keeping, and i kept it since it was silent and had ok build quality...

but later i put it in a computer, an dthe psu worked fine for a while. then i moved, and so the pc was just sitting around in the garage. so i go to plug it in, and it smells a little funny, but the pc boots. anyway, i shut it down, and later i go to turn it on it EXPLODES. smoke, sparks out the back, a nice BANG!

so even raidmax psus that look ok inside (even to somewhat of a power supply expert), can be built like junk...

so dont trust a raidmax.

i would recommend you to get one of the following
[will put them here in a second]

Solution

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

3 minutes well spent!!! :lol:
Thanks for that!

_tru_

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

thanks for the list going with the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093, and here's a case i found http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119068 but im open to suggestions.

btw AWSM video! can u imagine them @ 90%+ load? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.