Kodak 2 Gb Sd Card Recovery Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuljagia13

Honorable
Dec 25, 2012
Kodak 2 Gb Sd Card Recovery Issues

hi am in very serious problem my SD card cannot work. It was working just fine before, but after shoots some pictures i connect the card to my computer with card reader , my computer prompts me telling me I need to format the disc. It then opens a window saying the following :

Capacity : Unknown Capacity (this is the only option)

File System : NTFS, FAT Default, exFAT

Allocation Unit Size : Default allocation size (this only changes when choosing NTSC or exFAT.

But upon attempting to format (under any set of options) it just tells me 'windows was not able to format the card

Attempting to do so in CMD only gives me an "Cyclic redundancy check' error

Currently, the computer is reading the card as being in "RAW" format. It can't read how much of it is being used or unused. In disk management, the whole drive reads off as 1790.86 GB of Unallocated space.

in my card very important data how to recover it
So please help me and tell me...what do?

warhead0

Distinguished
It very much sounds like your SD card has failed.

There is very little you can do to recover the data. Formatting the card will also remove any data that may be salvageable, you will find you are unable to format if the card has failed.

The best thing I can recommend at this time is to use the program Recuva by Piriform found here: http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Drives and cards do fail, it sucks immensely and I have had this happen to me too, I learnt from my mistakes and now keep a backup drive and have windows update the image every week. I can't stress about having a backup enough, they WILL save you alot of trouble.

andymorres

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
http://www.squidoo.com/raw-drive

I have the same problem on my microsd card. The card holds my 3000 photos and unexpected it reported not formatted error when I connected it to my Dell XP. The file system was FAT32 before RAW. I was so upset and this article helped restore all my photos.

I studied the file system for three days on what raw, fat, ntfs and tried serveral programs to get my photos out of raw card. The program that I downloaded from this page restored what I want.

Hope this would work to you too.

Andy

Ewe079ryfig

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013

Yeah! This recovery freeware really works well!
A few days ago, my hard drive also got the RAW format problem. However, it stored all of my important data so that I could not format it immediately. Therefore, I found the same recovery tool recommended by you in another thread. It was really easy to use and recovered all my data back.

Status
Not open for further replies.