Sign in with
Your question

Pc freeze during game then windows 7 hangs at logo screen

Last response: in Components
December 7, 2010 9:05:24 PM

Hi friends, I was playing starcraft II today and for no reason my computer freezes up. After hitting the reset button it freezes up again at windows logo screen. Now im unable to boot any avg rescue, windows repair, recovery or installation always freezes up when loading files. Safe mode dont want to boot up too it stops again when loading files. It looks weird. I passed all memory and HDD test with UBCD. Please Help me!
Lox420
a c 243 $ Windows 7
December 7, 2010 9:45:26 PM

What are you system specs? Also, try removing your GPU (video card) and using another GPU or use your motherboard's on-board video to see if the system will restart. Sounds like you could have a video card issue.

m
l
December 7, 2010 9:53:56 PM

Run a memtest x86/x64 - I have more luck using that.

Lox420 said:
Hi friends, I was playing starcraft II today and for no reason my computer freezes up. After hitting the reset button it freezes up again at windows logo screen. Now im unable to boot any avg rescue, windows repair, recovery or installation always freezes up when loading files. Safe mode dont want to boot up too it stops again when loading files. It looks weird. I passed all memory and HDD test with UBCD. Please Help me!
Lox420

m
l
Related resources
December 7, 2010 10:08:07 PM

yes my friends, removing GPU card and trying with onboard was already done i also run all kind of memory test including memtestx86
system specs: Intel motherboard , core2 duo e2180 cpu, ati sapphire hd3650, WD HD,
thanks a lot your help is very appreciated
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
December 7, 2010 10:21:31 PM

The computer not booting up, have you tried running scan disk? As regards the computer freezing on Windows7 this is normally due to faulty memory but as you think that you have eliminated this then the next most likely cause is a failing power supply.
m
l
December 7, 2010 10:45:24 PM

Faulty memory was remove from the list when try booting computer with 1 ram then with the other one whit the exact same results. Following your advice tomorrow i will disassembly the psu and bring it to my local computer store to be test by a pro.
thanks for continuing postin solutions
m
l
July 29, 2011 3:33:56 AM

Lox420 said:
Faulty memory was remove from the list when try booting computer with 1 ram then with the other one whit the exact same results. Following your advice tomorrow i will disassembly the psu and bring it to my local computer store to be test by a pro.
thanks for continuing postin solutions

hey im having the exact same problems as you, did you ever find out what the issue was?
m
l
!