Sign in with
Your question

HTPC and Uverse

Last response: in Systems
September 15, 2010 5:16:49 PM

I am getting ready to put an HTPC together for my home. I have UVerse for TV and Internet, and an Onkyo Head.

I am planning on coming off the Uverse unit, into the HTPC, then into the Onkyo before going to the TV. I know there are HDMI cards that can be added to allow the Uverse to run into the HTPC, but are there motherboards that handle it without the $200.00 cost of the expansion card?

Thanks

More about : htpc uverse

September 15, 2010 11:48:29 PM

What outputs does your Uverse unit give you? Just HDMI? Did someone tell you that was the only tv tuner card you could use?

I'm sure we can figure out a way for your to use a much less expensive TV Tuner card.
m
l
Related resources
September 16, 2010 3:37:48 AM

It's got S-Video, HDMI, RCA, coax, USB, and a digital audio out on the back. Right now I have the HDMI cord going to the onkyo head unit.

I have never built or had an HTPC unit. I am trying to put something together so I can watch all the stuff off the internet, such as Netflix, Youtube, ESPN 3, and also have a bluray/dvd drive/burner in the unit so I can record.

I was told the only way to input the high quality signals and be able to record them was to put that card in.
m
l
October 26, 2010 8:38:00 PM

Curious to see if you were able to send the Uverse feed to an HTPC using a video capture card. I currently have Uverse and want to add an HTPC to the setup, but have heard there are problems getting everything to work together.
m
l
!