Sign in with
Your question

BSOD when Playing Nazi Zombies

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 7, 2010 7:10:25 AM

Ok guys so heres the deal I am at a loss so any help would be appreciated......I have 2 gtx 285s in SLI with an i7 at 4ghz........For some reason when I play Call of duty world at war nazi zombies or the sp i get random BSODs with error code 0x000001e this is generally pretty infrequent maybe 1 every 3 hours of playing the game......now I know nothing is overheating and i have enough power cuz this is the only game that this happens, and my cpu is 100% stable.....and i have tried every driver under the sun and it still does it except for drivers before the 186.18....I cant use those cuz they dont work with bc2.....i have jus reformatted and put the 197 drivers on my pc cuz the newer ones kill fps in bc2 so i was jus wondering if anyone else has issues with the game??? its kinda annoying having a random bsod when im on the 36th level of Der reise lol.......I also notice that when i pull up xfie in game and use the web browser it is more prone to BSOD'ing...its the most weird thing ever cuz my pc is rock stable besides this game and unfortunatly i play this game alot lol
a c 125 U Graphics card
August 7, 2010 7:21:24 AM

Hmmm... I thought my Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz was stable until yesturday, I did 4 hours of 3D rendering (Very CPU intensive) and it was fine, then I tried to load up an app and it BSOD'd. I then loaded optimized defaults in the BIOS, tried again and it was fine so my OC wasn't 100%

I suggest you load optimized defaults aswell, shoot some zombies in the face and see if you get a BSOD again...If you do then you know it's nothing to do with your CPU overclock, Oh and be sure to set your memory to stock aswell.
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 7, 2010 6:10:35 PM

ok i will try that but the thing that gets me is when i install the 186.18 drivers i never ever once get an issue so that makes me beleive that its a software issue thanks for the reply
m
l
Related resources
a c 125 U Graphics card
August 7, 2010 6:32:49 PM

Hmmm... ok well if its a driver issue then theres not that much you can do expect use the driver that works. Just try what I suggested in my first post and see if it fixes the issue.
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 8, 2010 6:45:50 AM

ok so i put everything back to stock and i still get the BSOD.....but i tried going back to the 186.18 drivers and i didnt have a single issue.......but i cannont play bc2 with this driver cuz its got major artifacts and mw2 sli doesnt work so i really dont wanna use these drivers this really sucks cuz it isnt going to get fixed because the 200 series is old stuff now
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
August 8, 2010 10:46:40 AM

My friend was saying last night that the nVidia driver he's using causes the fan speed to reduce by 40% so he has to set his fan speed to 100%, the driver then reduce's it by 40% and he's left with 60% fan speed. He's using the latest drivers and a GTX275.
Have you checked your cards temps when using the latest drivers and playing CoDW@W?
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 9, 2010 5:35:30 AM

yea i use rivatuner to force the fans at 100% all the time its loud but i cant hear it over the rest of my system and i have checked the temps and i rarely hit 70c
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
August 9, 2010 7:39:54 AM

Ok well it seem's as though its drivers, in which case there's not much that can be done.
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 9, 2010 9:12:41 AM

yea which is kinda what i knew all along but i hoped was not true....nvidia is not about to fix this cuz the 200 series is old so i guess im stuck with this until I upgrade to the 4 series......one thing that makes me doubt is that i havent heard many other people with this prob if it was a driver issue all of the 285 sli owners should have it
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
August 9, 2010 9:20:20 AM

Yeah true, If you have a friend with a PC (with a good enough PSU ETC...) then you could try your GTX285 in there PC to see if you get the same problem.
m
l
August 9, 2010 4:10:40 PM

drums101 said:
Ok guys so heres the deal I am at a loss so any help would be appreciated......I have 2 gtx 285s in SLI with an i7 at 4ghz........For some reason when I play Call of duty world at war nazi zombies or the sp i get random BSODs with error code 0x000001e this is generally pretty infrequent maybe 1 every 3 hours of playing the game......now I know nothing is overheating and i have enough power cuz this is the only game that this happens, and my cpu is 100% stable.....and i have tried every driver under the sun and it still does it except for drivers before the 186.18....I cant use those cuz they dont work with bc2.....i have jus reformatted and put the 197 drivers on my pc cuz the newer ones kill fps in bc2 so i was jus wondering if anyone else has issues with the game??? its kinda annoying having a random bsod when im on the 36th level of Der reise lol.......I also notice that when i pull up xfie in game and use the web browser it is more prone to BSOD'ing...its the most weird thing ever cuz my pc is rock stable besides this game and unfortunatly i play this game alot lol

Did you steal one of Those Napalm Irrdium Cannons: From one of those dead soldiers? Maybe they hacked into your computers a.k.a. ghost in the machine style and fried your firmware j/k. I would download latest drivers for videocard and latest patch for software! If you play online I would use punkbuster to enable no hacking or update, last but not least use windows updates to see if anything missing in terms of fixes and updates!
m
l
a c 103 U Graphics card
August 10, 2010 4:15:54 AM

yep everything is updated all the way i dont like the latest gpu drivers because they cut performance in bc2 for me but other then that everything is patched all the way
m
l
!