Which GTX460 manufacturer?

Weps

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Hello guys, this is my first question on this forum. I plan on purchasing a new GTX460 1GB card and I am unsure which manufacturer to choose from. Out of the following two, which one should I choose:

GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460

Price: around 300$ in my country (exchaged)

ASUS ENGTX460 DIrectCU / 2DI / 1GD5

Price: around 360$ in my country

I posted what I believe to be links all can see, hope there's not a problem with them.

These two cards are currently available here. The question is if the Asus deserves the extra price, considering that it has lower factory clocks, and I could not find a review of it to match performance levels and noise levels with the Gigabyte one. Do you think I should wait for a review of the Asus version? I actually wanted to go for this one in the first place, but I am starting to believe it won't get shipped here. Also, the price might be even higher for it:

ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP / 2DI / 1GD5

I might also find this EVGA version too, but it seems to be out of stock for some time:

EVGA 01G-P3-1373-TR GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked

Price: around 350$

I am willing to forward the extra cash, but I am not sure which card is actually better. Thanks for your input.

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Id reccomend the MSI cyclone GTX460 1gb. If you google some reviews, it runs 5-10 degrees colder than almost every other card out there. With the included MSI afterburner, it easily overclocks to equal or bettere performance than the 'superclocked cards'

D

Deleted member 217926

The Asus card allows for voltage increase for overclocking. To be honest all 3 are top notch. I have an EVGA EE model ordered myself as the reviews I have seen show it works to keep heat out of the case but it's fan is a bit louder than the others. Also I have had 5 EVGA cards in a row and have loved them all.
I really love that the lifetime warranty covers things like me applying aftermarket thermal compound and overclocking/overvolting...... also the 90 day step up is great.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/792717-evga-gtx-460-superclocked-1gb-edition.html