Which GTX460 manufacturer?

Hello guys, this is my first question on this forum. I plan on purchasing a new GTX460 1GB card and I am unsure which manufacturer to choose from. Out of the following two, which one should I choose:

GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI GeForce GTX 460

Price: around 300$ in my country (exchaged)

ASUS ENGTX460 DIrectCU / 2DI / 1GD5

Price: around 360$ in my country

I posted what I believe to be links all can see, hope there's not a problem with them.

These two cards are currently available here. The question is if the Asus deserves the extra price, considering that it has lower factory clocks, and I could not find a review of it to match performance levels and noise levels with the Gigabyte one. Do you think I should wait for a review of the Asus version? I actually wanted to go for this one in the first place, but I am starting to believe it won't get shipped here. Also, the price might be even higher for it:

ASUS ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP / 2DI / 1GD5

I might also find this EVGA version too, but it seems to be out of stock for some time:

EVGA 01G-P3-1373-TR GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked

Price: around 350$

I am willing to forward the extra cash, but I am not sure which card is actually better. Thanks for your input.
13 answers Last reply
More about which gtx460 manufacturer
  1. Id reccomend the MSI cyclone GTX460 1gb. If you google some reviews, it runs 5-10 degrees colder than almost every other card out there. With the included MSI afterburner, it easily overclocks to equal or bettere performance than the 'superclocked cards'
  2. The Asus card allows for voltage increase for overclocking. To be honest all 3 are top notch. I have an EVGA EE model ordered myself as the reviews I have seen show it works to keep heat out of the case but it's fan is a bit louder than the others. Also I have had 5 EVGA cards in a row and have loved them all.
    I really love that the lifetime warranty covers things like me applying aftermarket thermal compound and overclocking/overvolting...... also the 90 day step up is great.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/792717-evga-gtx-460-superclocked-1gb-edition.html
  3. For nVidia GPU's; eVGA.
  4. EVGA is the best too bad my country only has the gigabyte version :(
  5. Check this
  6. Gigabyte is good too bro.
  7. +Gigabyte. Great card and looks better than all of them.
  8. ofcorse Gigabyte is great manufucater but,in my opinnion EVGA is better for me.
  9. EVGA IS THE BEST
  10. NIKOSATI said:
    EVGA IS THE BEST

and my stupid country wont sell EVGA only saw XFX 260GTX's
  11. Always exist the "import" product option.
  12. http://vr-zone.com/forums/798933/nvidia-bundles-starcraft-ii-codes-with-geforce-gtx-460.html

This one gives you 7 days of Starcraft II Gaming and 14Days to Activate!
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Asus Graphics Product