After a quick switch, Windows wont start. Hardrive/RAM problem?

Connorwarman_12

Honorable
Dec 15, 2012
I recently built a PC. Everything in it was new but my RAM and Hardrive which I took out of my current PC and moved it to my new one. (Note: I installed a new version of windows on the new PC.)

After a week the PSU on the new PC failed and just today I have tried to move the RAM and hardrive back into my old PC. But to my dismay the computer only boots to "Windows Starting" screen and the freezes and restarts. (It repeats this process over and over.)

After a quick post and look around the Windows 7 forum It seems it is not a windows 7 problem. But rather a memory problem. (System Recovery has not worked.)

Any ideas on what I could do to fix this problem and or solve it?

Specs:http://usa.asus.com/Desktop/Entertainment/CM1740/#specifications

Thanks!

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
You can't just swap HDD from one machine to other machine coz each machine have their own set of hardware set-ups and drivers.

The easiest way is to format the HDD and do fresh OS installation.

The more tedious way would be to boot up in safe mode, uninstall all drivers and re-install drivers of ur old system if you want to keep whatever programs that u installed.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006

After the BIOS POST, try to tap F8 repeatedly and see whether u can go to the selection screen.