Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Compatibility with Cases

Last response: in Motherboards
August 5, 2011 4:10:32 AM

Hello,
I am trying to build a pc based on the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard. Although this mobo is listed as an Extended ATX, I have found some posts saying that this mobo was compatible with some mid tower cases.

Are there actual users who are using this mobo with mid tower cases?
If this mobo fit mid tower cases, can you give me some decent cases?

(so far, I am thinking of corsair 500R or Rosewill Blackhawk)

Thanks!
August 14, 2011 10:37:57 PM

RollingPapers said:
Hello,
I am trying to build a pc based on the ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z motherboard. Although this mobo is listed as an Extended ATX, I have found some posts saying that this mobo was compatible with some mid tower cases.

Are there actual users who are using this mobo with mid tower cases?
If this mobo fit mid tower cases, can you give me some decent cases?

(so far, I am thinking of corsair 500R or Rosewill Blackhawk)

Thanks!

Well I'm running an Asus Rampage III Extreme in a Zalman xt160 HTPC case... and it's the same dimensions as the Extreme-Z (12.0 x 10.6) so I would think it should be fine.
m
l
Related resources
September 12, 2011 8:10:54 AM

I've also heard of the Maximus IV Extreme-Z fitting in a corsair 600t which I would love to do.

Like santiagodraco said it's about the size of a Rampage III Extreme and check this picture out.

http://www.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/im...

Looks like it will cover up some of the rubber grommets but doesn't seem to be a problem :p 

So if that fits I'm sure the Maximus would fit.
m
l
September 12, 2011 5:04:06 PM

I have just built a new rig with this mobo sitting in a Coolermaster 690 II advanced. Just for another option.
m
l
December 19, 2012 7:35:02 AM

hey, im also building a computer, with the same question. I dont want to buy a new case, and wondered if it could fit in the mid towers
m
l
!