Sign in with
Your question

Micro ATX on ATX case?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 5, 2011 7:08:22 AM

Hey my old motherboard was atx but now i need a new one and can't find atx, and well, i don't need atx for those extra slots as i won't use sli or more than 2 dimms anymore.
Will it fit in the case? It's one of those fancy n crazy priced made for that orange acer pc.

More about : micro atx atx case

a c 156 V Motherboard
August 5, 2011 7:20:15 AM

Yes. If it is a micro atx board, it will fit in an ATX case.
August 5, 2011 7:30:52 AM

Are you sure? I've read all over the internet that a micro ATX will fit into an atx case but not the other way around.
But i'm specially not sure cos this orange fancy acer case is usually filled with loads of cheap slow ram sticks and sli/crossfire systems, so i think it's designed for atx..
Would you know if it'll fit if i post a pic of the inside?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2011 7:46:27 AM

take the motherboard off and see if there are screw holes that isn't being using buy the current ATX motherboard, it is usually there but i'm not sure about OEM cases.
August 5, 2011 7:57:00 AM

Gamer-girl said:
take the motherboard off and see if there are screw holes that isn't being using buy the current ATX motherboard, it is usually there but i'm not sure about OEM cases.

Yh there are more idd than the ones used by the mobo, it'll be easier to check a regular atx case inside pic n compare it to mine
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2011 8:09:14 AM

This is the case i have: Cooler Master Storm Scout
you will see that micro atx uses all the slot except for the bottom two (J & k)
August 5, 2011 8:30:53 AM

Gamer-girl said:
This is the case i have: Cooler Master Storm Scout
you will see that micro atx uses all the slot except for the bottom two (J & k)

Thank you so much, that pic shows it so clear.
In my case it's quite more messy, it has the atx holes ofc, then also the ones used for atx like the ones in that cm storm, but it also has more spread around lol.
Oh and that case is quite cheap, i could sell this fancy case for like +150 bucks and get new case plus some ddr3 dimms lol

Thanks again
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2011 8:34:30 AM

your welcome, the case is more messy when you take that cardboard off lol
August 5, 2011 9:25:49 AM

Gamer-girl said:
your welcome, the case is more messy when you take that cardboard off lol

LMAO thats why it looked so ehm like cardboard xD
!