Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

CPU Temps

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 16, 2010 1:30:03 AM

Hi all, My first build. I just want to know if the temps I'm getting are good. Running at default no o/c I get:

Core 1 38/40c
Core 2 37/41c
Core 1 39/40c
Core 1 34/39c

This is using Real temp and or CPU ID Hardware Monitor. Of course the numbers fluctuate for each core but I'd say they usually are below 40c. Is this OK? Do I need to be concerned?

Thanks all


AsRock x58-xtreme mobo
7.1 CH Windows vista Premium level HD Audio
(DAC with 110dB dynamic range (ALC890 Audio Codec)
Intel Core i7 930
CM 690 case
CM 750 watt ps
CM Hyper N520 (Cooler)
Powercolor radeon 5850 gpu
Asus CD ROM

More about : cpu temps

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 192 à CPUs
September 16, 2010 1:34:48 AM

Idle temps dont mean too much, load it up with Prime 95 for a bit and see what your temps get up to under load. You should be below 70C.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 78 à CPUs
September 16, 2010 1:39:27 AM

Your idle temps are acceptable. To get a better understand of your temps, I recommend running Prime95 for two hours and report your full load temps. If they are at or below the low 60's, you have adequate cooling.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 78 à CPUs
September 16, 2010 1:41:03 AM

@hunter315... we going to start who beat who to the post with the same answer again tonight?? :lol: 
m
0
l
September 16, 2010 1:43:59 AM

hunter315 said:
Idle temps dont mean too much, load it up with Prime 95 for a bit and see what your temps get up to under load. You should be below 70C.

I ran prime 95 for about 10 hours. Temps hit about 70 /75 c. Hows that.
m
0
l
September 16, 2010 1:46:13 AM

tecmo34 said:
Your idle temps are acceptable. To get a better understand of your temps, I recommend running Prime95 for two hours and report your full load temps. If they are at or below the low 60's, you have adequate cooling.

I ran prime 95 for about 10 hours. Temps hit about 70 /75 c. Hows that.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 78 à CPUs
September 16, 2010 1:50:39 AM

70C isn't terrible but with a non-overclocked system with an aftermarket cooler, I would expect a little lower. It is not at a level where you need to make an adjust but just monitor.
Share
September 16, 2010 3:40:14 AM

tecmo34 said:
70C isn't terrible but with a non-overclocked system with an aftermarket cooler, I would expect a little lower. It is not at a level where you need to make an adjust but just monitor.



Thanks man, Ill do that
m
0
l
September 16, 2010 3:40:36 AM

Best answer selected by gerry410.
m
0
l
!