Docking profile problem

July 26, 2005 6:32:47 PM

Hey guys!!!
I was just wondering how can you configure you're computer to have two
different profiles.
When it's docked to have a certain video settings and when it's undocked
different video settings.
I'm sure there is a way to do this but I don't remember.
I went into System/Hardware/Profiles and found my profiles there but I can't
change any of the settings there.
Where can I do that?
Regards,
Teo
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 8:44:57 PM

No native way to do this.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Teo" wrote:
| Hey guys!!!
| I was just wondering how can you configure you're computer to have two
| different profiles.
| When it's docked to have a certain video settings and when it's undocked
| different video settings.
| I'm sure there is a way to do this but I don't remember.
| I went into System/Hardware/Profiles and found my profiles there but I
can't
| change any of the settings there.
| Where can I do that?
| Regards,
| Teo

July 27, 2005 3:28:07 PM

Strange cause my customer keeps telling me that when he hooked his laptop to
his docking station, the refresh rate changed so the desktop could be viewed
on the external monitor.
Know of any solutions to this?
Thanks,
Teo
"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> No native way to do this.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Teo" wrote:
> | Hey guys!!!
> | I was just wondering how can you configure you're computer to have two
> | different profiles.
> | When it's docked to have a certain video settings and when it's undocked
> | different video settings.
> | I'm sure there is a way to do this but I don't remember.
> | I went into System/Hardware/Profiles and found my profiles there but I
> can't
> | change any of the settings there.
> | Where can I do that?
> | Regards,
> | Teo

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:28:08 PM

You'll need to look for a third party solution or possibly something from
the hardware manufacturer.

--

!