Docking profile problem

Hey guys!!!
I was just wondering how can you configure you're computer to have two
different profiles.
When it's docked to have a certain video settings and when it's undocked
different video settings.
I'm sure there is a way to do this but I don't remember.
I went into System/Hardware/Profiles and found my profiles there but I can't
change any of the settings there.
Where can I do that?
Regards,
Teo
3 answers Last reply
More about docking profile problem

    No native way to do this.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Teo" wrote:
    | Hey guys!!!
    | I was just wondering how can you configure you're computer to have two
    | different profiles.
    | When it's docked to have a certain video settings and when it's undocked
    | different video settings.
    | I'm sure there is a way to do this but I don't remember.
    | I went into System/Hardware/Profiles and found my profiles there but I
    can't
    | change any of the settings there.
    | Where can I do that?
    | Regards,
    | Teo

    Strange cause my customer keeps telling me that when he hooked his laptop to
    his docking station, the refresh rate changed so the desktop could be viewed
    on the external monitor.
    Know of any solutions to this?
    Thanks,
    Teo
    "Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
    > No native way to do this.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Teo" wrote:
    > | Hey guys!!!
    > | I was just wondering how can you configure you're computer to have two
    > | different profiles.
    > | When it's docked to have a certain video settings and when it's undocked
    > | different video settings.
    > | I'm sure there is a way to do this but I don't remember.
    > | I went into System/Hardware/Profiles and found my profiles there but I
    > can't
    > | change any of the settings there.
    > | Where can I do that?
    > | Regards,
    > | Teo

    You'll need to look for a third party solution or possibly something from
    the hardware manufacturer.

    --

    "Teo" wrote:
    | Strange cause my customer keeps telling me that when he hooked his laptop
    | his docking station, the refresh rate changed so the desktop could be
    viewed
    | on the external monitor.
    | Know of any solutions to this?
    | Thanks,
    | Teo

Configuration Video Settings Microsoft Windows XP