Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Help me choose ddr3-1333 for Asus lga 775

Last response: in Memory
Share
August 5, 2011 11:42:35 AM

Hey i had to get this crappy asus mobo
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5G41...

Only mobo i found in stock, now that all good socket 775 have been discontinued.

Now i need to get some ddr3 mem modules, cos i won't use the 4 sticks of garbage slow branded ddr2 800 i have.

This is what i found:
http://www.4frags.com/catalog/product_info.php?products...

http://www.alternate.es/html/product/Modulos_de_memoria...

http://www.alternate.es/html/product/Modulos_de_memoria...

http://www.alternate.es/html/product/Modulos_de_memoria...

Whats the best timing for my config, i'll be using em on that asus mobo with Q9550 and gtx470
a c 80 } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 5, 2011 12:18:42 PM

Quote:
Now i need to get some ddr3 mem modules, cos i won't use the 4 sticks of garbage slow branded ddr2 800 i have.
You can't use DDR2 800, but the performance difference may not meet your expectations.

For tight timings, I'd suggest the Kingston modules. If you can live with a little less performance, the G.Skill ECO are nice. You could increase the voltage a bit and run them at tighter timings.
August 5, 2011 9:08:43 PM

I think i'll go for the ocz, they have no chip brand and also i've read that they cause lot of trouble cos either they are defective or they're unstable.. but heck they're only 35 euros and maybe they work great for me, and they're the only ones from the ones i listed certified by asus.

Meh the fact of the non branded chip scares me. The ddr2 800 modules i had in my old 775 were branded NAMYA or something like that n they were ultra slow, they were rated slow even by vista performance test lol
Are these Kingston modules a better purchase?
http://www.coolmod.com/product/10440/0/0/1/Kingston-DDR...
They're not certified to work on my mobo but reviewers worship em.
Related resources
a c 80 } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 5, 2011 9:44:23 PM

I wouldn't buy the OCZ. The Kingston KHX1333C7AD3K2/4G (your second link) are better than the OCZ or the Kingston HyperX KHX1333C9D3K2/4G. In other words, C7 is faster than C9.

The G.Skill kit also should be considered as it is low-voltage, but not as fast as a C7 kit.

The DDR2 800 modules were most likely Nanya which make high quality chips.
August 5, 2011 10:08:19 PM

GhislainG said:
I wouldn't buy the OCZ. The Kingston KHX1333C7AD3K2/4G (your second link) are better than the OCZ or the Kingston HyperX KHX1333C9D3K2/4G. In other words, C7 is faster than C9.

The G.Skill kit also should be considered as it is low-voltage, but not as fast as a C7 kit.

The DDR2 800 modules were most likely Nanya which make high quality chips.


I got a ticket from something i returned in the store where they have the ocz memory so i'd just have to pay the shipping.
Speed difference is that big to make worth the purchase the kingston modules from the other store?

Nanya manufactures oem components and they do have their own chip unlike ocz, but those mem modules were really mediocre.
a c 80 } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 5, 2011 11:43:49 PM

Quote:
Speed difference is that big to make worth the purchase the kingston modules from the other store?
Definitely not.
August 6, 2011 7:54:41 AM

GhislainG said:
I wouldn't buy the OCZ. The Kingston KHX1333C7AD3K2/4G (your second link) are better than the OCZ or the Kingston HyperX KHX1333C9D3K2/4G. In other words, C7 is faster than C9.

The G.Skill kit also should be considered as it is low-voltage, but not as fast as a C7 kit.

The DDR2 800 modules were most likely Nanya which make high quality chips.



Meh defo not ocz, they make great psus but they send out of their factories loads of defective ram, and this low-cost modules are terribad for tweaking.

http://www.pccomponentes.com/g_skill_ripjaws_ddr3_1333_...

http://www.pccomponentes.com/kingston_hyperx_ddr3_1333_...

2nd one is the cl7 kingston i linked b4 n 1st link is a gskill with CAS_Latency: 7-8-7-24
Same price so which one is faster n more reliable?

Thank you guys for ur advice
a c 80 } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
August 6, 2011 11:36:38 AM

I'd probably go with the G.Skill because the Kingston memory requires more voltage (1.65v vs 1.5v). The speed should be the same and both are reliable.
August 6, 2011 12:05:04 PM

GhislainG said:
I'd probably go with the G.Skill because the Kingston memory requires more voltage (1.65v vs 1.5v). The speed should be the same and both are reliable.


None of them are certified to work on lga 775 g41, but they have similar models on the list so i'll go for the gskill.

Thanks
!