Making an audio cable.

cokeman

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Just to start off, I think the last time I posted something here was over a year ago, with my old Dell Dimension 4550, and what AGP card would be good. Now, I've built my first system with my old Dimension case with a LOT of modifications to it, it is pleasing to the eyes! And I know the common tradition is to share system specs and here it is: Asus M4A78LT-M LE, AMD Athlon II 240 2.8 ghz stably clocked to 3.71, 4 gig DDR3 RAM at 1600 mhz, and a 500 watt power supply. That's just the core basics at the moment.

But to my real reason for posting, since I have basically finished remodeling my old case; I've had to make my own parts for some of it like the front specifically. I have this one last piece to incorporate and what is stopping that a bit is the audio header cable. I really don't want to go and buy a 2 foot cable for 12ish dollars when I can just use some of my old audio ports from some parts and that audio cable that can work with the motherboard. I've looked on google if there's anything on that but there isn't. So, does anyone know how to take the cable and get it to work with an audio port without having to go out of my way to do it?

Mucho thanks in advance! :D