Did anyone play Duke Nukem?

Does anyone miss laser trip bombs.
"Come get some"

Heard any news of an upto date version?

Just wondering.

MACHGUN

: Heard any news of an upto date version?

The sequel was announced way back in 1997 when they planned to use the Quake
engine, then the Quake 2, then the Quake 3 engine. I have no idea what's
going on now but I remember reading how happy iD software was about
licensing all 3 quake engines to the same development team for the same
game. I'm sure they've gone to an Unreal engine now, but Duke Nukem Forever
will need to be one kick-ass game in any case.

Good luck, this is vaporware. Do you remember when Duke Nukem came out?
This would break a record if it's released.

"Tweek" <noway@jose.com> wrote in message
> : Heard any news of an upto date version?
>
> The sequel was announced way back in 1997 when they planned to use the
Quake
> engine, then the Quake 2, then the Quake 3 engine. I have no idea what's
> going on now but I remember reading how happy iD software was about
> licensing all 3 quake engines to the same development team for the same
> game. I'm sure they've gone to an Unreal engine now, but Duke Nukem
Forever
> will need to be one kick-ass game in any case.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

what.now wrote:

> Does anyone miss laser trip bombs.

I used to play "Duke" back in the dim and misty days of old. I liked the
laser trip bombs a lot. The closest I found to that in UT was a mutator
called "Proximity Bombs" that allowed you to stick a grenade on something
just like the grenade launcher in UT2004, but instead of manual
detonation, it'd go off if you walked too close to it.

It was big fun, you could set it either to go off like a grenade or with
a Redeemer-sized explosion.

Yup. big fun.
--
---

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:17:31 GMT, what.now wrote:

> Does anyone miss laser trip bombs.
> "Come get some"

There's lots I miss about that game, mainly the fun it was when it was
played on a LAN. :)

> Heard any news of an upto date version?

http://icculus.org/duke3d/

Beyond that, I've no idea. :(

--
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

I was just thinking about how UT2004 need Duke Nukem style trip bombs.
Someone needs to make a mutator that does this with a combo sized explosions
and team colored laser lines.
Yea I miss Duke Nukem but I stopped waiting for it a long time ago.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 11:48:45 -0400, "Tweek" <noway@jose.com> wrote:

>: Heard any news of an upto date version?
>
>The sequel was announced way back in 1997 when they planned to use the Quake
>engine, then the Quake 2, then the Quake 3 engine. I have no idea what's
>going on now but I remember reading how happy iD software was about
>licensing all 3 quake engines to the same development team for the same
>game. I'm sure they've gone to an Unreal engine now, but Duke Nukem Forever
>will need to be one kick-ass game in any case.

One of the first times they pushed back the date was because they were
going from Quake 3 to the Unreal engine and had to redesign all levels
basically from scratch. At this point, I'd think they'd had to update
the engine a few times more just to keep up with technology

Blessed Be,
Zeligg

"Prayer has no place in the public schools,
just like facts have no place in organized religion."

- Superintendent Chalmers, The Simpsons

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:26:20 -0500, 13 wrote:

> what.now wrote:
>
>> Does anyone miss laser trip bombs.

Yep. Good ol' Half-Life days ^^

--

Bora Ugurlu

mailto:boraugurlu@yahoo.de

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:36:33 +0200, Bora Ugurlu <boraugurlu@yahoo.de>
wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:26:20 -0500, 13 wrote:
>
>> what.now wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone miss laser trip bombs.
>
>Yep. Good ol' Half-Life days ^^

I've only just put Half-Life on my PC so that my son can play the
Earth Special Forces mod (Dragonball Z). Still waiting for the UT2003
Dragonball u mod.

--

Julian Richards
computer "at" richardsuk.f9.co.uk

XP Home
L7S7A2 motherboard
Powercolor 9800 SE 8 pipelines with Omega drivers
1 GB RAM
10 GB + 80 GB HDs
CD+DVD/CDRW drives