Sign in with
Your question

Problems with acronis

Last response: in Storage
December 26, 2012 1:40:20 PM

I just got an intel 330 ssd 120gb for Christmas to put into the system that I built a while ago, which has a 500 gb hd. I installed it fine, but when I was using the data migrator, it would not work because I have more on my hard drive than my ssd has room for. All I really want to copy is windows and some applications. Can anyone help?

More about : problems acronis

December 27, 2012 2:48:39 AM

is there any information that would be helpful?
m
l
a b G Storage
December 27, 2012 2:59:14 AM

What is "the data migrator"? Is it a function of Acronis? I've used Acronis for many years now, and it mostly works pretty well. Were you trying to clone your HDD to the SSD? I just replaced my 750 GB HDD in my Dell Inspiron 15z laptop with a Samsung 830 240 GB SSD, and after replacing the disks, I booted up in Acronis and just restored the backup image of the HDD I had made a few days ago. It worked pefectly! After the restore from the HDD image to the SSD, I rebooted and shazaam! I have the same OS on my SSD!

Hope this helps, but if not please provide more info on exactly what happened and what you're trying to do.
m
l
December 27, 2012 3:19:13 PM

It is called Intel migration software, and is powered by acronis. I am trying to move my OS from my hard drive with about 200 gb of data, to an ssd with 120 gb of storage. When I tried to move the data, I got a message saying that it could not do it because there is more information on my hard drive than space on my ssd.
m
l
!