Taskbar date

July 28, 2005 1:24:33 AM

When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
exposed.

Is there a way to fix this please?

Thanks,
Warren,
peace

More about : taskbar date

Anonymous
July 28, 2005 1:24:34 AM

Nope.

This is a known problem. A couple of ways to band-aid this. Reboot or
logoff and log back on. Hide the Taskbar then show it again.

Kill explorer and restart it.

Open Task Manager...

Ctrl + Shift + Escape | Processes tab | Locate and highlight
explorer.exe | Right click explorer.exe | End Process | Answer
Yes | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK

End Task on explorer.exe will make your Desktop and all programs disappear.
Restarting explorer will bring everything back.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:lYSFe.163979$tt5.114087@edtnps90,
Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
> When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
> date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
> exposed.
>
> Is there a way to fix this please?
>
> Thanks,
> Warren,
> peace
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:47:45 AM

Well now isn't that miraculous!
Used your detailed procedure and all is well.
Sincere thanks Wes.
I wonder if this will last?

Warren,
peace

> Nope.
>
> This is a known problem. A couple of ways to band-aid
> this. Reboot or
> logoff and log back on. Hide the Taskbar then show it
> again.
>
> Kill explorer and restart it.
>
> Open Task Manager...
>
> Ctrl + Shift + Escape | Processes tab | Locate and
> highlight
> explorer.exe | Right click explorer.exe | End Process |
> Answer
> Yes | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK
>
> End Task on explorer.exe will make your Desktop and all
> programs disappear.
> Restarting explorer will bring everything back.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:lYSFe.163979$tt5.114087@edtnps90,
> Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
>> When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
>> date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
>> exposed.
>>
>> Is there a way to fix this please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Warren,
>> peace
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 2:47:46 AM

Hi Warren,

Nope.

It won't last.

But you know what to do when the Balloon tips are hidden behind Taskbar
again. ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:laUFe.164006$tt5.81892@edtnps90,
Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
> Well now isn't that miraculous!
> Used your detailed procedure and all is well.
> Sincere thanks Wes.
> I wonder if this will last?
>
> Warren,
> peace

>> Nope.
>>
>> This is a known problem. A couple of ways to band-aid
>> this. Reboot or
>> logoff and log back on. Hide the Taskbar then show it
>> again.
>>
>> Kill explorer and restart it.
>>
>> Open Task Manager...
>>
>> Ctrl + Shift + Escape | Processes tab | Locate and
>> highlight
>> explorer.exe | Right click explorer.exe | End Process |
>> Answer
>> Yes | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK
>>
>> End Task on explorer.exe will make your Desktop and all
>> programs disappear.
>> Restarting explorer will bring everything back.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:lYSFe.163979$tt5.114087@edtnps90,
>> Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
>>> date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
>>> exposed.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to fix this please?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Warren,