Taskbar date

When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
exposed.

Is there a way to fix this please?

Thanks,
Warren,
peace
3 answers Last reply
More about taskbar date

    Nope.

    This is a known problem. A couple of ways to band-aid this. Reboot or
    logoff and log back on. Hide the Taskbar then show it again.

    Kill explorer and restart it.

    Open Task Manager...

    Ctrl + Shift + Escape | Processes tab | Locate and highlight
    explorer.exe | Right click explorer.exe | End Process | Answer
    Yes | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK

    End Task on explorer.exe will make your Desktop and all programs disappear.
    Restarting explorer will bring everything back.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:lYSFe.163979$tt5.114087@edtnps90,
    Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
    > When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
    > date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
    > exposed.
    >
    > Is there a way to fix this please?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Warren,
    > peace

    Well now isn't that miraculous!
    Used your detailed procedure and all is well.
    Sincere thanks Wes.
    I wonder if this will last?

    Warren,
    peace

    > Nope.
    >
    > This is a known problem. A couple of ways to band-aid
    > this. Reboot or
    > logoff and log back on. Hide the Taskbar then show it
    > again.
    >
    > Kill explorer and restart it.
    >
    > Open Task Manager...
    >
    > Ctrl + Shift + Escape | Processes tab | Locate and
    > highlight
    > explorer.exe | Right click explorer.exe | End Process |
    > Answer
    > Yes | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK
    >
    > End Task on explorer.exe will make your Desktop and all
    > programs disappear.
    > Restarting explorer will bring everything back.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:lYSFe.163979$tt5.114087@edtnps90,
    > Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
    >> date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
    >> exposed.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to fix this please?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Warren,
    >> peace

    Hi Warren,

    Nope.

    It won't last.

    But you know what to do when the Balloon tips are hidden behind Taskbar
    again. ;-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:laUFe.164006$tt5.81892@edtnps90,
    Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Well now isn't that miraculous!
    > Used your detailed procedure and all is well.
    > Sincere thanks Wes.
    > I wonder if this will last?
    >
    > Warren,
    > peace

    >> Nope.
    >>
    >> This is a known problem. A couple of ways to band-aid
    >> this. Reboot or
    >> logoff and log back on. Hide the Taskbar then show it
    >> again.
    >>
    >> Kill explorer and restart it.
    >>
    >> Open Task Manager...
    >>
    >> Ctrl + Shift + Escape | Processes tab | Locate and
    >> highlight
    >> explorer.exe | Right click explorer.exe | End Process |
    >> Answer
    >> Yes | File | New Task (Run...) | Type: explorer | OK
    >>
    >> End Task on explorer.exe will make your Desktop and all
    >> programs disappear.
    >> Restarting explorer will bring everything back.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:lYSFe.163979$tt5.114087@edtnps90,
    >> Warren <warmac@telus.net> hunted and pecked:
    >>> When I hold the mouse pointer over the taskbar time, the
    >>> date is not fully visible. Only a small portion of it is
    >>> exposed.
    >>>
    >>> Is there a way to fix this please?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Warren,
    >>> peace

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP