GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P pcie vid card problem

eox08

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Hey guys I just bought the GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P mono with a 1155 i7 2600k quad processor. And finally got everything put in correctly. But when I boot up I'm not getting any video to my monitor. I know my graphics card isn't bad because it still works in my other mobo. I'll put my PNY 260 pcie card in the right slot, add power, then boot up. The card fan will spin but I get a "no signal" message on my monitor. However my card does have a hdmi out and when connected I can see the desktop and everything. I went to device manager to see if it would pick up my video card but it isn't listed at all (and my card is in the slot, hooked up and everything.) anyways I'm hoping someone has an idea as to why this is happening or has a solution. Thank you all for taking the time to read this.

eox08

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Well right now i am able to operate with my hdmi cable to my monitor. And i have tried disabling the on board video and setting my "primary video" as pcie 16 slot where my video card is at. I have an older nvidia 9500 gt card i put in to see as well. The card doesnt use a connector from psu instead it gets power from pcie slot. The card fan turned on and would spin so the slot is getting power. But I my computer is not reading any card in that slot. When i go to the device manager it only shows my on board video. :\