Closed Solved

Phenom II 965 BE Temp

Hello,
My cpu temp at idle on morning is 41 while in the afternoon the temperature rise up until 48-54 degree celcius.Is it normal because i just bought the processor and never oc'ed it yet.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about phenom temp
  1. Best answer
    That is pretty warm for that CPU. A good idle is anywhere below 40 c I'd say, and it shouldn't go past the mid 60s during load.

If you're working on stock heat-sink/paste in a stuffy case without CnQ I can see this happening pretty easily.

Some simple steps:
    1. Reseat heatsink/fan with good quality paste like AS or TX. Follow the manufacturer's application instructions.
    2. Make sure CnQ is enabled
    3. Try to improve case airflow somehow. Cable management, adding/improving fans, etc.
    4. If you haven't already, consider an aftermarket cooling solution for the CPU.
  2. ^^^ all of this is good advice. Follow it :].
  3. Everything that has been said and:

What is your room temperature?
    62C is the absolute thermal limit for these chips.
  4. Thermal limit for cpu temp not core temps, a lot of people don't know the difference.
  5. sportsfanboy said:
    Thermal limit for cpu temp not core temps, a lot of people don't know the difference.
    I like to play safe! :lol:
  6. OP is talking about CPU temp and not core temps though isn't he? So the thermal limit as xbeater pointed out is valid.
  7. You would be surprised how many people don't know the difference. I never said beater was wrong, just clarifying the fact that there are two temperature sensors in case the OP didn't know.
  8. sportsfanboy said:
    I never said beater was wrong, just clarifying the fact that there are two temperature sensors in case the OP didn't know.
    More like 5, 1 per core, 1 for CPU :lol:

Not to mention, my CPU temp is pretty much always the same as my core temperatures, with a margin of about 1-2C, so its not that big a deal to mix them up anymore. Core temperatures are always higher though, for reasons that are too obvious to state.
  9. N.Broekhuijsen said:
    More like 5, 1 per core, 1 for CPU :lol:

Now your just getting fancy :pt1cable:
  10. Best answer selected by ikramzaki_90.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Temperature Phenom