Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Phenom II 965 BE Temp

Last response: in CPUs
December 8, 2010 9:53:59 PM

Hello,
My cpu temp at idle on morning is 41 while in the afternoon the temperature rise up until 48-54 degree celcius.Is it normal because i just bought the processor and never oc'ed it yet.

More about : phenom 965 temp

Best solution

a b à CPUs
December 8, 2010 10:32:12 PM

That is pretty warm for that CPU. A good idle is anywhere below 40 c I'd say, and it shouldn't go past the mid 60s during load.

If you're working on stock heat-sink/paste in a stuffy case without CnQ I can see this happening pretty easily.

Some simple steps:
1. Reseat heatsink/fan with good quality paste like AS or TX. Follow the manufacturer's application instructions.
2. Make sure CnQ is enabled
3. Try to improve case airflow somehow. Cable management, adding/improving fans, etc.
4. If you haven't already, consider an aftermarket cooling solution for the CPU.
a b à CPUs
December 9, 2010 7:36:41 AM

^^^ all of this is good advice. Follow it :].
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 9, 2010 7:55:16 AM

Everything that has been said and:

What is your room temperature?
62C is the absolute thermal limit for these chips.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 9, 2010 12:10:39 PM

Thermal limit for cpu temp not core temps, a lot of people don't know the difference.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 9, 2010 12:48:53 PM

sportsfanboy said:
Thermal limit for cpu temp not core temps, a lot of people don't know the difference.
I like to play safe! :lol: 
Score
a b à CPUs
December 9, 2010 6:20:12 PM

OP is talking about CPU temp and not core temps though isn't he? So the thermal limit as xbeater pointed out is valid.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 10, 2010 2:37:15 AM

You would be surprised how many people don't know the difference. I never said beater was wrong, just clarifying the fact that there are two temperature sensors in case the OP didn't know.
Score
a b à CPUs
December 10, 2010 10:22:15 AM

sportsfanboy said:
I never said beater was wrong, just clarifying the fact that there are two temperature sensors in case the OP didn't know.
More like 5, 1 per core, 1 for CPU :lol: 

Not to mention, my CPU temp is pretty much always the same as my core temperatures, with a margin of about 1-2C, so its not that big a deal to mix them up anymore. Core temperatures are always higher though, for reasons that are too obvious to state.

Score
a b à CPUs
December 10, 2010 12:47:25 PM

N.Broekhuijsen said:
More like 5, 1 per core, 1 for CPU :lol: 

Now your just getting fancy :pt1cable: 

Score
December 20, 2010 8:20:57 AM

Best answer selected by ikramzaki_90.
Score
!