Status
Not open for further replies.

ikramzaki_90

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
Hello,
My cpu temp at idle on morning is 41 while in the afternoon the temperature rise up until 48-54 degree celcius.Is it normal because i just bought the processor and never oc'ed it yet.

Solution
That is pretty warm for that CPU. A good idle is anywhere below 40 c I'd say, and it shouldn't go past the mid 60s during load.

If you're working on stock heat-sink/paste in a stuffy case without CnQ I can see this happening pretty easily.

Some simple steps:
1. Reseat heatsink/fan with good quality paste like AS or TX. Follow the manufacturer's application instructions.
2. Make sure CnQ is enabled
3. Try to improve case airflow somehow. Cable management, adding/improving fans, etc.
4. If you haven't already, consider an aftermarket cooling solution for the CPU.

zergesys

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
That is pretty warm for that CPU. A good idle is anywhere below 40 c I'd say, and it shouldn't go past the mid 60s during load.

If you're working on stock heat-sink/paste in a stuffy case without CnQ I can see this happening pretty easily.

Some simple steps:
1. Reseat heatsink/fan with good quality paste like AS or TX. Follow the manufacturer's application instructions.
2. Make sure CnQ is enabled
3. Try to improve case airflow somehow. Cable management, adding/improving fans, etc.
4. If you haven't already, consider an aftermarket cooling solution for the CPU.

Solution

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
More like 5, 1 per core, 1 for CPU :lol:

Not to mention, my CPU temp is pretty much always the same as my core temperatures, with a margin of about 1-2C, so its not that big a deal to mix them up anymore. Core temperatures are always higher though, for reasons that are too obvious to state.

Status
Not open for further replies.