Router keeps dropping connection

Munroe

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Hello, I have a Airlink 101 router i have cable internet i originally had my computer physicaly connected to the router and my wifes lap top connected wireless. its run fine for over 6 months.

I have a friend staying with us for a bit and he connected his computer up wirelessly and his PS3 all worked fine for about 2.5 weeks then his girlfriend is here and shes on the network using wireless also worked for about 2 days.

Now the problem is for some reason all our computers lose connection to the router at the same time and its happening more and more frequently now been having the problem for 2 days now. the three of us have windows 7 and his GF has vista.

We unplug the router and plug it back in and sometimes it works and most times it takes several times and a little while to get it to reconnect all the computers to the network.

So anyone have any ideas on what might be causing the router to drop all connections? i was starting to think maybe the Vista computer but im not to sure on how to find out. I semi ok with computers just networking is a part i have not really looked into much. Any help would be great.

Munroe