Sign in with
Your question

Which one is better to perform games and graphics?

Last response: in Systems
September 16, 2010 2:36:07 PM

Hi pals! I'm not an expert on this matter but I love to build a Computer by my own. Right now I'm building 775 platform, since It's less expensive than newer technologies. I already have CPU IntelQ9650 and I'm thinking in two choices, that's why I would like to ask your advice. Which one of these platforms would be better to perform games and graphics?
1-Intel MB DX48BT2 with XFX Radeon HD 5750 Video Card - 1GB GDDR5 or..
2- XFX MB NVIDIA NFORCE 790I ULTRA with EVGA GeForce GTS 450 FPB Video Card - 1GB GDDR5.
SLI or ATI Cros Fire?????????
Thanks for your help.

More about : perform games graphics

September 16, 2010 3:59:30 PM

I'd steer clear of Intel MoBo's they don't let you overclock (unless something has changed recently). It might not be an issue now, but it is always good to have the capability to do so in the future as you get more experienced.

Also, I'm too lazy too look up performance specs for each of those graphics cards, but as a general rule right now ATI Radeon (and I'm a die hard nVidia freak, too) will knock the socks of nVidia for both price and performance right now.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
September 16, 2010 5:29:35 PM

The GTS 450 performs somewhere from below a 5750 to above a 5770. Not too many reviews yet and depending on model and overclocking the performance seems to vary alot. The new 460 and 450 released from nvidia are really competitive with ATIs 5750, 5770, 5830 and 5850. If you are buying an intel CPU and are considering SLI as a future upgrade path, the new nvidia cards really look good.

Intel motheboards are in general not something a gamer wants.

SLI is more efficient than crossfire if you compare the current nvidia 400 series and ATI 5000 series GPUs
m
l
September 19, 2010 4:08:13 AM

Thank guys for your advices. I agree with rdc363, I love this hobby and I'll need soon overclock..anyway I go with DX48BT2/XFX Radeon HD 5750. Thanks..
m
l
!