Sign in with
Your question

Operating system not found and only allow me access to the bios

Last response: in Storage
December 26, 2012 9:04:32 PM

Hello,

I have a Toshiba, which everytime I try to turn it on a the error: "Operating System not found" appears. When I access the BIOS tried having the system boot from option HDD but recieve the same error. Now when I enter the BIOS setting HDD is no longer an option. I know this may be the first sign of Hard Drive Failure. Is there anyway to fix this problem with replace the Hard Drive?
a c 129 G Storage
December 26, 2012 9:22:21 PM

cj1985 said:
Hello,

I have a Toshiba, which everytime I try to turn it on a the error: "Operating System not found" appears. When I access the BIOS tried having the system boot from option HDD but recieve the same error. Now when I enter the BIOS setting HDD is no longer an option. I know this may be the first sign of Hard Drive Failure. Is there anyway to fix this problem with replace the Hard Drive?

use a hirem boot cd..or make it a bootable usb stick...see if smarts tool or vendor test tools can see the hard drive.if the drive not see and not in the bios...then the drive on the mb controler went bad..i would start with a new drive..make sure you have a set of the restore cd to put the factory image back on your laptop.
m
l
December 27, 2012 6:12:49 PM

Okay, Thanks.
m
l
!