Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • CPUs
  • Dell
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
August 5, 2011 10:26:18 PM

Hello,
i have an issue that is maddening... ive been at it for 3 weeks now. my kids old dell had a video issue. it was going black and then not getting signal for long bits of time.. i decided to start from scratch and build a cheap home build. i boight a used biostar m31 socket 775 mobo on ebay. set it up on desk on a thick piece of cardboard. put in ram, cpu, cpu, cooling unit, board speaker, 20/24 plug, 4 pin plug, and monitor to onboard.. plugged it in and fan rav, but no beeps, no post, just black screen... i removed ram.. no beepd, changed psu, nothing, changed cpu, nothing, then i decided to check the cpu for heat... no heat.. i did every combination of these tests with no avail. then bought a refurbished mobo of same type. same thing. then did the same to the old dell mobo... it posted and worked 24 hrs even after i installed the cd drive and hard drive.. then it went back to black screen but beeps once i had checked both psus on the dell while it was in full force and both were fine. the dell has bad vid chip.. but the other two have me frusterated. im broke and still have no pc for my kids... H E L P

More about : power cpu

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 6, 2011 2:01:10 AM

Man, I'm sorry. To start off I wouldn't buy a used motherboard. That's just crazy. You don't even know what had happened to it. You should asked us for a budget build next time :( 

I don't know what's happening but you should see if there's any drivers update for your video card or a monitor update. If none, check your update history to see if you did one recently. Uninstall that if you did and see if it improves. That's all I can say haha. Whatever you do.. don't buy used computer parts. :p 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 7, 2011 3:32:05 AM

wintermint said:
buy used computer parts. :p 

^+1 LOL, Buy used computer but not parts... Heatsink are fine as they dont do any harm at all but watch out because they may have cut the Pipes...
m
l
Related resources
August 7, 2011 6:40:20 PM

wintermint said:
Man, I'm sorry. To start off I wouldn't buy a used motherboard. That's just crazy. You don't even know what had happened to it. You should asked us for a budget build next time :( 

I don't know what's happening but you should see if there's any drivers update for your video card or a monitor update. If none, check your update history to see if you did one recently. Uninstall that if you did and see if it improves. That's all I can say haha. Whatever you do.. don't buy used computer parts. :p 

i have a new vid card on the way. check this out. i got a new mobo ecs gf7050vt-m..... i did same test by installing cpu, psu, ram and vid to onboard.... plugged in and smoke and a pop in the corner of the board by the ram ports.... ugggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! i have put together systems from scraps for friends of mine w no problem... this however is giving me grey hair at 40.. lol so now i have spent up this months excess money(i am disabled and get paid once a month, plus my kids mother is dead so its just me and my 5-6 year old boys who are very computer literate) i have requested my money back on ebay for that stuff... i am about in tears man... my little guys cant go out for long because there has been heat index over 100 degrees.. and the computer was their main sourse of entertainment.... i swear its been almost a month since this started and i never thought a machine could take me to the brink of insanity... anyway had to vent.. so i have to wait a month for more money so i guess im just stuck. if anyone has a mobo that they know works and wants to donate to a good cause i can afford shipping... im just at witz end....

thanx wintermint:) 
m
l
August 7, 2011 7:39:36 PM

Can you list all the computer parts you have?
m
l
August 7, 2011 9:09:13 PM

Engima said:
Can you list all the computer parts you have?

since i had smoke come from the new mobo i bought i assume it to be dead.. so now its Biostar G31-M7 TE (G31M7TE) Motherboard, with onboard vid chip.

CPU processor Pentium D 945 SL9QB 3.4 Ghz 4M socket 775, and 2 1gig memory sticks HYMP112U64CP8-S6-AB-C Hynix 1GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800MHz non-ECC Unbuffered 240-Pin DIMM Original Memory Module Mfr P/N HYMP112U64CP8-S6-AB-C. logisys PSU Power Supply Features:
480W Power Supply Wattage
20+4Pin ATX Power Connector.... THATS ALL OTHER THAN A MONITOR THAT I KNOW WORKS.... HOPE YOU CAN HELP :(  I HAVE HARD DRIVES AND DVD-RW/CD ROM/BURNER BUT IM JUST DOING A BENCH TOP INSTALL BEFORE I PUT IT IN MY NEWE LOGYSKYS AREA 51 CASE. ITS A CHEAP CASE BUT IT LOOKS COOL.. ITS FOR 5-6 YEAR OLD BOYS THOUGH...
m
l
August 17, 2011 2:41:27 PM

I Don't know if you have solved this already but did you consider the PSU ? or a Pentium D (known high voltage and bad temp) could be the problem ? i fail to believe you've dropped 2 mobos already (second hand or not)

trying hooking up a different PSU wich is from a working computer to check, its what i would do.
m
l
!