Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Motherboard and component compatibility

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Components
  • Motherboards
  • Compatibility
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
September 16, 2010 5:56:41 PM

Okay, i have this unexplainable lag/suttering on my pc... and would like to double check if my motherboard is Compatible with all my components... Okay i have an Asus M4N72-E Nvidia Nforce 750a SLI Chipset... With the following components... AMD phenom 2 x4 3.4ghs, (Replacing my AMD phenom 9950 x4 2.6ghz) Coolermaster 750watt.. (Replacing my Ezkool PSU) 4gb Kingston ram, 2 Sata HDDs 250gb and 500gb... and a Nvidia gtx 260 (replacing nvidia 9500gt). Since day one of my custom gaming pc i have had game lag with all of my setup... i even replaced my old motherboard Asus M3n-hdmi with this new one, and still no change. maybe its Asus? Maybe theres something wrong with my bios settings.. but i have reformated multiple time on differnt O.S's and nothing has changed... its killing me slowly and im at my whits end.. If anyone can see a problem with this setup please let me know, Thanks =)

Note: I have tried all types of drivers 4 my grx card n mobo's at least ten times, so it shouldnt be tht, and pretty much all components are new except the ram which had no erros on memtest and is my oldest component.

More about : motherboard component compatibility

a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2010 6:17:30 PM

Describe the "lag and stuttering".
Moving from tab to tab during web browsing?
During online MMO gaming?
During offline single player gaming?
Which games?
What is your monitor resolution?
Which GTX 260 model (there are some older ones with fewer cores that are slower)?
September 22, 2010 3:16:34 PM

dndhatcher said:
Describe the "lag and stuttering".
Moving from tab to tab during web browsing?
During online MMO gaming?
During offline single player gaming?
Which games?
What is your monitor resolution?
Which GTX 260 model (there are some older ones with fewer cores that are slower)?


Okay, Pretty much all games lag when things start getting abit more busy.
Slight Stuttering on most video, web browsing can be slow from tab to tab also, and ends up not responding alot.
Sound stutters sometimes when my pc decides to go ultra slow.
Online or off its the same... Game like Dawn of war 2004 lags and the whole screen skips when i scroll through the map highest or lowest settings..
As for MMO's Lotro lags genrally.. and Wow (that crappy grx game) lagged like hell in places like Ogrimmar (main city) or when shadows were on Very high, or high draw distance.

Im leaning towards a Software/Bios problem.. after pretty much replacing every pc component
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2010 4:37:59 PM

TooFassst said:
As for MMO's Lotro lags genrally.. and Wow (that crappy grx game) lagged like hell in places like Ogrimmar (main city) or when shadows were on Very high, or high draw distance.
Those may happen no matter what you do. WoWs shadows seem to kill everyone.

Lotro's networking is "not very good" <to put it politely> and has alot of lagg that is on Turbine's side. It is my main game right now, and even people with very high end machines experience some problems, especially with DX10 features active (shadowing and post-processing). I used to drop to DX9 for raids but since the F2P update I changed to DX11 and have much less choppiness, probably due to better shadowing. Unfortunately with a 260 you cant do DX11. The new DX11 splashing and wake effects in water are very neat.

I have some friends that say adding an SSD really reduced Lotro's stuttering. Apparently it runs out to disk for textures alot more than most games. Also if you have an 8GB USB RAM stick, you can find a program on the forums that will load Lotro onto it instead of the HDDs and that might give you some performance boost.
October 3, 2010 4:19:57 PM

dndhatcher said:
Those may happen no matter what you do. WoWs shadows seem to kill everyone.

Lotro's networking is "not very good" <to put it politely> and has alot of lagg that is on Turbine's side. It is my main game right now, and even people with very high end machines experience some problems, especially with DX10 features active (shadowing and post-processing). I used to drop to DX9 for raids but since the F2P update I changed to DX11 and have much less choppiness, probably due to better shadowing. Unfortunately with a 260 you cant do DX11. The new DX11 splashing and wake effects in water are very neat.

I have some friends that say adding an SSD really reduced Lotro's stuttering. Apparently it runs out to disk for textures alot more than most games. Also if you have an 8GB USB RAM stick, you can find a program on the forums that will load Lotro onto it instead of the HDDs and that might give you some performance boost.


Hmmm maybe so on the mmo side of things... but all my games lag though lol... Thanks 4 the tips 4 the lotro anyway, ill use my college issued usb 4 a test =)
!