Tale of the 2 laptops

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
December 27, 2004 8:47:05 PM

Hi folks

Need some advice about a laptop with a broken factory seal. We got a
toshiba laptop from bestbuy a few days ago. However a few days later we
found a better deal on the same laptop at CompUSA and bought the same
model toshiba. The latter laptop seems to have the toshiba factory seal
broken and then *cleverly* resealed. Now I am in a dilema about which
one to keep. The difference in price is 10%. Anyone has the inside
scoop on this ?

In one scenario I can think of, the CompUSA laptop is a returned item -
maybe due to too many dead LCD pixels. The store decided to simply
reseal and resell. Here's some pictures :

CompUSA laptop with broken seal - resealed:
http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_...

BestBuy Laptop shows how toshiba seal actually looks like

http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_...

Together
http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_...

2 more shots of the broken seal
http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_...
http://imagedeposit.com/ad_images/ImageDeposit_dot_com_...
Thanks for your time and knowledge !

Regards
Debjyoti

More about : tale laptops

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 28, 2004 2:18:24 PM

> broken and then *cleverly* resealed. Now I am in a dilema about which
> one to keep. The difference in price is 10%. Anyone has the inside
> scoop on this ?

Probably a fatwallet.com/forums/ -> hot deals reader that found a
better deal locally during the holidays and returned?
!