Sign in with
Your question

Router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 21, 2010 4:10:28 PM

changing from residential broadband service to business "static" IP service. Currently have a wireless "G" router but cable modem only has one place to hook up to. I've been told I will need a router to hook up another computer and the wireless router states it will not work with if a router is placed between it and the modem. What will I need to do to continue with wireless router?

More about : router

July 21, 2010 6:47:56 PM

stix said:
changing from residential broadband service to business "static" IP service. Currently have a wireless "G" router but cable modem only has one place to hook up to. I've been told I will need a router to hook up another computer and the wireless router states it will not work with if a router is placed between it and the modem. What will I need to do to continue with wireless router?

Sorry to appear a little thick but I can't see why you need or wish to introduce another router. The single connection on the cable MODEM can go to the router which I assume also has a wired capability, and that can wirelessly ship the signal around the property.

m
l
!