Most Complicated, unexplainable, Annoying! Problem on TomsHardware =(

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Hello guys, here goes. General lag, Freezing, not responding on startup, and games run like ***... no one ive known or the people i have taken my pc to can solve this problem of mine (including a pc repair shop =O)

Heres my parts:

Asus M4N72-E Mobo (New)
Amd Phenom 3.4ghz (New)
Asus Nvidia gtx 260 897mb 216cores
Kingston Ram 4gb 800mhz (Memtest64passed)
Coolermaster PSU 750 watt (New)
250gb sata... (tried new 500gb one, same performance)

Games That Lag:

Warhammer 40k Dawn of war: + all expantions.. Starts fine with slight screen skipping, but roughly ends up an average of 20fps, then eventually going to 3fps when entire armys appear, just imagine a slideshow. And just look at how old this game is! year 2004 was the 1st one. I swear my pc runs it like a bloody Xbox 360 Rts. Ohh and it lags the same on lowest settings =( i dont geet it =S

Dawn of war 2: Always slow 2 load (freind complains on multiplayer alot when playing 2v2). Get into the game, and roughly 20 fps with annoying constant stutters, Performance test runs like *** on low or high, just isnt smooth. Oh yeh i notice alot of popin too... such as teleporting props when i zoom in n out.

Crysis Warhead: Lets not even go there... ill just say Medium settings runs like *** no AA and theres really bad object pop in.

Call of duty 4: 60-20 Depending where i am. Smoke effects *** me up 4 some reason ? Objects pop in l8 2

I really dont need to listt anymore i think you get the idea... i had a thread up ages ago but eventually people stopped responding, and now i hope i get the attention of some of the smartest ppl around with such a title =P. I dont care if it is something simple and u end up laughing at me... i just want a working gaming pc loolz! honestly i would be so grateful and actually send a thank you card with pretty flowers.

Just ask me anything, ive tried multiple O.S's, differnt asus mobo, Drivers all tht crap... Parts are new 2, except ram but 8 passes on memtest64 no errors.

My computer is just slow aswell, always not responding etc... And videos have a constant stutter (especially slow moving objects).

Also Heres someone i think has a simliar problem... Only difference is that my fps is so much lower then his in all games =S

http://www.techsupportforum.com/gaming-forum/pc-gaming-support/470191-constant-stutter-when-playing-any-game.html

I am sorry 4 the load of writing guys.

Final Note: Never buy from Dino pc, this is where my pc emerged from and it seems like they cursed it. And they didn't reply to my emails the fu£$"£%R shysters.

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
No Critical ones ever. 4 errors on information in last hour and 47903 in total. 1 error in last hour and 700 in total... is that an abnormal amount ? Now what... ?

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

This could be a newer update but i did have quite a new one anyway.. and no difference really =S, also is there a Vista 64bit stress test u know of ? Cause im currently on that 1 atm an there isnt a download 4 my O.S on that stress test.

Could the CPU or GPU me throttling back becuase of high temperatures? grab GPU-Z and CoreTemp and post your temps.

Do you have anything running the background that would hog resources?

Also what OS are you using?

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
I did that Furmark Test and i got 83C Temperature maximum and ran 4 a thousand seconds on 1920x1080 res and 0 MSAA. And to answer SniperGod87, i usaully just have Skype and msn in the background whilst playing a game... maybe some internet pagess and the steam app. I remember seeing my processor at like 60ish Celsius but ill recheck anyways. Thanks 4 helping guys XD edit: oh yeh my o.s is vista 64bit... i have tried xp and 7 no difference whatsoever

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
1280x720 0 MSAA i got 4698 o3 Marks... and theres a 9800GTX setup with 14136 o3 marks with intel quad 2.4ghz... i feel so inferior right now. And btw this CoreTemp has a question mark next to my temps and im not sure how to make it so i can see em =S

ultimabeam

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
60C sustained is way hot for a 955/965... you don't want to sustain anything above 55C for an extended period of time. Run some Prime95 with CoreTemp running to see what your temps are, and if they are too hot, check your CPU/HSF mounting.

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
i dont think my temps are a real problem... but ill try this prime95 with coretemp, the problem is that coretemp isnt telling me my temperature at the moment, instead theres just question mark =S any ideas?

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
ahhh CoreTemp decided to start working after a few restarts and it tells me my CPU temp is around 45-50C.. same temperature whilst playing lotro max grx... dnt think thats the problem then..

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Atm its on its default... i will download the l8est one but b4 on my old Amd phenom i tried already and it didn't change anything. =S

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

It does in most cases.. but I shouldn't have to turn the settings down with my pc specs, but yes it doesn't lag so bad but it still will in most games. For example the w40k Soulstorm game... 640x800 resoloution or something around tht, all settings low... and it still gets really laggy and constantly stutters, i know Its not the games fault as my freinds run in superbly =(

And it dont matter if its Low or high settings.. i still get this wierd stutter and lag... i really am thinking of just selling it, i mean if no can prove somethings wrong with it? then nothing is rightt? heh...

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

ohh thats a mistake... i shoulda put 4gb kingston ram there, its not the amount whats the problem.

TooFassst

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
i had a 9500gt before and it still lagged... i know thats a crappy grx card but it shoulda ran dawn of war on low settings okay but it didnt =(