Acer Veriton M200 series graphics card

Hey guys i wanted to upgrade my acer Veriton m200-g43 and i wanted to know which graphics card will be good for me. i want to play COD:MW 2, Crysis, assasins creed II and mass effect with atleast 1680x1050 resolution(medium settings) i currently have:

Intel Celeron Processor 2.19Ghz
Windows 7 Professional
1Gb DDR3 Ram and Intel® G43 on-die graphics solution featuring: Intel® DVMT 5.0 support Enhanced 3D and Intel® clear video technology Microsoft® DirectX® 10 support.

I dont know exactly what range is my PSU and my mother board is Intel® G43 Express Chipset with ICH10R but i do know that i have to change the cpu and the memory (atleast 4 gb i think)
i wanna know which graphics card would do me well and what upgrades( if any more need to be done )
6 answers Last reply
More about acer veriton m200 series graphics card
  1. besides upgrading your video card you need to upgrade you PSU.
    What size PSU do you have? It seems it only comes with a 250W or 300W PSU.

What type of case do you have? I hope you don't have a slim case.

Also add at least 1GB of RAM
  2. http://www.acer.com/acer/product.do;jsessionid=C35992D8F6A2DE3943F8621CA83388A8.public_a_14c?link=oln85e.redirect&changedAlts=&kcond48e.c2att101=-1&CRC=2759084358#wrAjaxHistory=0

Is that your PC?

The Tower Case or The SFF case one?
    If you have the SFF case then you must get a low profile card + your PSU is just 250W-300W.

Anyway, if it's true your CPU is just Celeron then just go with HD4670 DDR3, no need for higher card, since your cpu will seriously bottleneck any higher cards...
  3. Guys i have the Tower Case and i think i have 250W of power. I was also wondering if i could get a better cpu but sadly it only supports maximum Intel Quad core processor that to only upto 1333Mhz due to thermal problems :(
    Can i get any other processor better than this? or should i go with a different mobo please suggest... :)
  4. For now, it's okay to add a graphic card, like HD4670 DDR3 or HD5670 2.0, it MUCH better than the onboard and without changing anything... :)
  5. wa1 said:
    For now, it's okay to add a graphic card, like HD4670 DDR3 or HD5670 2.0, it MUCH better than the onboard and without changing anything... :)

So will i get good performance from those cards at 1680x1050 resolution without the need for additional power?
  6. At that resolution, you should be looking for the 5670.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Veriton Acer Graphics