Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
So I recently put my computer together, with the following components:

Antec 300 Case
Asus P7P55D-E MOBO
Intel i5 760
Corsair 2X2 4GB DDR3 RAM
Coolermaster 700W Silent Pro Modular PSU

Hooked everything up, installed Windows 7 about an hour ago....I'm installing drivers when suddenly the computer turns off. I try to turn it back on to no avail. Checked all the connections, unplug it, plug it back in, the whole nine yards and still nothing. The boot LED green light is on as per usual on my MOBO so it's receiving power, yet no matter what I try the computer will not turn on.

Anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? The PSU is brand spankin' new as are all the other components and none of them had any issues when I was installing drivers and browsing youtube (less than 2 hours of use).

Ideas/help would be greatly appreciated before I pull out all my hair!

Thanks

JD13

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
It might be a faulty MB see:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-131-621&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&
SelectedRating=1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

or try:
Make sure that the modular cables are plugged into the PSU.
Do the fans spin up or no?
Did you install all of the MB stand off on the MB tray? Sometimes they can cause a short not allowing you to boot.
Did you connect the CPU fan to the CPU fan header & properly install the heat sink on the CPU?