My experience with this company

overbet

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. I ordered a computer from cyberpowerpc.com on 9-12-2010. Below is a copy of my invoice so you can see it was spending some money with them.

When placing my order it gave me a ship date of 9-21-2010 which met my time frame needs. I went on to their website today to check my order status and it now had a ship date of 9-27-2010. This does not work for me as I needed the machine before then. I then tried to build the exact same computer on their site using the "same day shipping" option. I was able to build an identical machine not one component was different and this one had a ship date of 9-17-2010 which is 4 days sooner than my original ship date.

I called the customer support line to inquire about this discrepancy and to see if they could at least honor the original ship date. I explained to the rep what I just explained to you in the above and his response was "Do you think you are our only customer?" He didnt say im sorry sir or let me check on that, no he says do you think youre our only customer. I explained to him as calmly as I could that I was an irate customer and he should be trying to solve my problem and salvage my business not making smart ass comments. He said hold on and put me on hold and some other guy picks up who is named Steve who says he is the manager. This person treats me the same way the other rep did.

These people have absolutely no clue about customer service and do not deserve your business. The impression I got is that they are peon phone reps who take pleasure in treating customers badly because they are unhappy with their own miserable existence. I will not spend a dime with this company after this service. They act like this when I am within my rights to cancel the order imagine how they are after you cant ship the computer back to them. STAY AWAY, I never thought I would say this but they make Dell support look good. Now I will learn to build it myself. By the way I just added all of the same parts of their machine into my cart at Newegg.com and the total is about $300 less and I know I will get support from newegg.

CyberPower, Inc. -- Web Order#

CyberPower Sales Dept.
to me

show details Sep 12 (4 days ago)

Thank you for your order. Please save this email as your receipt. If you wish to check the status of your order, please go to our Order Status page at http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/orderstatus/

You have indicated that you accept the terms described in our warranty information. For your record, you can find the information at http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/cart/warranty.htm.

ORDER INFO:
===========
Order#:
Date: 9/12/2010 8:36:53 PM

SHIP TO:
========

BILL TO:
========

PAYMENT:
========

ADDITIONAL INFO:
================
Sales: none
Source: Search engine

COMMENTS/SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
==============================
Please make sure the product works before shipping it out. Also please ship the windows 7 disc as well as a disk with any other software that will come pre-installed on the machine. The product will be returned if you fail to comply.

ITEMS:
======
Code: CFGI7Z $2,829.00 x 1 $2,829.00
CyberPower X58 Configurator (NO MONITOR)
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_X58_Configurator/

*BASE_PRICE: [+825]
BLUETOOTH: None
BUNDLE: None
CARE1: Ultra Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Dream System During Transit [+19]
CARE2: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
CARE3: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
CAS: Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Full Tower Gaming Case [+197]
CASUPGRADE: 12in Liquid Neon Thunder Pattern Light [+15] (Green Color)
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
CPU: [Special] Intel(R) Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
CS_FAN: Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum Silent Operation) [+29] (500-1,200 RPM White Color with White LED Twister Bearing 8-14 dBA [+16])
FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (3 x Systems [+42])
FAN: CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit 360MM w/ Triple Fan(CPU & GPU Liquid Cool Capable, Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 18dBA) [+93]
FLASHMEDIA: None
FLOPPY: None
FREEBIE_CU: FREE Game: Just Cause 2
FREEBIE_VC1: FREE Blacklight: Tango Down Coupon with purchase of ATI Radeon HD5670 video card or above
GLASSES: None
HDD: 120GB Corsair Force 120 Gaming MLC Solid State Disk [+260] (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+93] (Single Hard Drive)
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
LANSURGE: None
MB_ADDON: None
MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1866MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+154] (Corsair Dominator)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) Asus Rampage III Extreme Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX LGA1366 ATX Mainboard - Overclockable w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394a, USB3.0, Bluetooth, SATA-III, RAID, 4 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 1 PCI [+248]
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
NETWORK: Intel Pro Gigabite 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]
NOISEREDUCE1: Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels [+29]
NOISEREDUCE2: Power Supply Gasket [+5]
NOISEREDUCE3: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts [+9]
OS: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
POWERSUPPLY: * 1,000 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gaming 80 Plus Power Supply [+161]
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: NZXT Internal USB 6-PORT Expansion Module [+19]
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+378] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+2829)
_view_: d
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Coupon: SPRING0410 (5% Discount) $-141.45
SUBTOTAL $2,687.55
Sales Tax (N/A) $0.00
Shipping: UPS 3 Day $85.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAND TOTAL $2,772.55

Solution
Hey overbet,

I actually ordered a computer from them for a customer a while back and also had shipping issues. It took about two weeks after waiting one week for "the build" - which they stated it would take a week so that was honest...but two weeks for 3-5 day shipping for the computer to arrive is pretty long. But, this was also back when they were not a very large company or widely known, and ordered all of their parts after receiving each order because they didn't keep inventory.

Upon receiving the computer, at first i thought the power supply was bad because no power was getting to the computer. After a minute i realized the 4-pin power connector was not plugged into the board all the way (but it was placed onto the connector, so...

kintrasystems

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Hey overbet,

I actually ordered a computer from them for a customer a while back and also had shipping issues. It took about two weeks after waiting one week for "the build" - which they stated it would take a week so that was honest...but two weeks for 3-5 day shipping for the computer to arrive is pretty long. But, this was also back when they were not a very large company or widely known, and ordered all of their parts after receiving each order because they didn't keep inventory.

Upon receiving the computer, at first i thought the power supply was bad because no power was getting to the computer. After a minute i realized the 4-pin power connector was not plugged into the board all the way (but it was placed onto the connector, so a simple mistake it just wasn't pushed down hard enough). The computer was nicely built though and wired neatly. I have to say it was much nicer than 80% of the work i see on customers computers who they had some local tech build for them with messy wiring and missing screws and mobo studs.

I guess my point being, there are always going to be lemon cases where customers receive bad support. That is definitely no way to treat a customer and those specific employees should definitely get "the talk" from their boss and corrective action taken into affect. No matter what company out there, there are always going to be cases where there is an unhappy customer, and most of the time its because one of their employees are just having a bad day, which i think is still unacceptable but it does happen.

I have been watching cyberpowerpc since they first started and i was pretty young about 10 at the time, dreaming about my first computer build and whats going to be in it. And since then, i have seen great things from them. for some reason ive always wanted to start a computer company even being that young ive always been into computers and taking them apart and learning. I found their crappy website (at the time) after hours of searching on google trying to find custom computer builders. No, im not standing up for them. All im saying is dont let this purchase deter you from trying them again, although i would definitely say your are in for some compensation on that shipping, like an overnighter on your next build or at least a shipping refund (or both) to keep you a happy customer. I think what they are doing is great, and much much needed. They are one of the few companies who do this style of computer building and to be as large as they are.

Well, i am finally making my dream come true after a long 10 year wait and starting a company that does computer/server system sales and custom computer builds, but with a twist (can't say, sorry... its unique). It is story's like yours and customers who i have seen ripped off so bad, and bad support received myself that inspires me to build a company that TRULY has an amazing QC team and great customer support. To me, there are many individuals and businesses out there that can build a decent computer in todays world, but support is really what makes or breaks having a loyal customer and having great word of mouth. To date, most of the local computer support calls i get i usually fix for free, any problems or issues, just to start establishing my name. Its not just a customer, but a customer relationship. Why build a company if your not going to do it right the first time. So, i know it does not help your case any but just know that eventually, when my company becomes widely known that there will finally be a computer company that truly focuses on QC and support that you can rely on, with some of the most fair prices available. ;)

Solution