Your question
Solved

Selecting a motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
August 6, 2011 6:54:09 PM

Hello all,

I'm new to building computers, so I need some advice. I need to know what kind of motherboard I should buy for my new build. This motherboard needs to be able to support an AMD phenom x6 1090T black edition CPU and an AMD Radeon HD 5830 video card. Also, what else needs to be compatible with a motherboard? Sorry if this is obvious, but I no next to nothing about building a computer.

More about : selecting motherboard

Best solution

August 6, 2011 8:32:32 PM

Look for one that has either AM3 or AM3+ socket and either one or two PCI 2.0 x16 slots. You should also try to match your RAM frequency to what your motherboard needs, usually 1333 without overclocking. The physical form factor (i.e. size) of the motherboard is important to consider when thinking about what case to buy.
August 7, 2011 7:35:51 PM

Best answer selected by aedanrussell.
m
l
August 7, 2011 7:37:02 PM

Engima said:
Look for one that has either AM3 or AM3+ socket and either one or two PCI 2.0 x16 slots. You should also try to match your RAM frequency to what your motherboard needs, usually 1333 without overclocking. The physical form factor (i.e. size) of the motherboard is important to consider when thinking about what case to buy.

Thanks!
m
l
!