What to focus on for a budget build

skitsofrenic

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Hello guys. If I'm building a budget gaming pc, what should I focus on first between Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics card? Fyi, I play mmorpg games and they are not graphics intensive at all. I just want to focus on things that are hard to replace later on and upgrade the easily replaced parts when I get more money. Are Mobo, CPU, and GPU all replaceable later in the future?

Also, Should I go Intel or AMD build for gaming pc? I heard people say that AMD provide more bang for the buck and that Intel is still better than AMD but not as good of a value as AMD. If we were to compare Phenom 4X and Core i7(Quad ones), which one gives superior performance? Which one is recommended for a budget build?

PS- I'm not sure if Phenom 4X and Quad Core i7 are on same level with each other but I think they are because they are both Quad cores.

skitsofrenic

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Approximate Purchase Date: Whenever I'm ready.

Budget Range: ~$1,000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Games, browsing the web, streaming videos online. (I never had a good computer before so once I get this pc, my usage may change)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, os

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg, tigerdirect, microcenter

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: I've never built a computer before so whatever you guys recommend. I would do a research on recommendations before buying.

Overclocking: Yes and Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: No, atleast not for now.

Monitor Resolution: I will purchase a new Monitor once my pc is complete.

Additional Comments: Quiet pc, less power usage the better

tomate2

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
you can do awful lot of with 1000 us dollars
phenom ii and core i7 are not on the same level
core i5 are all quad cores too
my suggestion is go for a core i5-750 which goes for around 200 dollars
gtx 460 for around 220 dollars
these should enough for a nice upgrade for u if u never had a "good" computer
the rest really doesnt matter much...
you got around 400 left for motherboard, hdd, optical drive, case, ram and powersupply
just make sure u buy from a reliable brand :D