SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.11 ST3500320AS firmware problem?

I just bought a Seagate Barracuda and i will have it tomorrow.I bought it from a company and it says it's used.The minimum time of usage is 6 month,is there a possibility that my disk doesn't have a problem with the firmware or all of these Hard Disk have the problem?Maybe the previous owner had the problem and updated the firmware.Can i see what firmware is inside the disk using a Program?
6 answers Last reply
More about seagate barracuda 7200 st3500320as firmware problem
  1. alexakis99 said:
    I just bought a Seagate Barracuda and i will have it tomorrow.I bought it from a company and it says it's used.The minimum time of usage is 6 month,is there a possibility that my disk doesn't have a problem with the firmware or all of these Hard Disk have the problem?Maybe the previous owner had the problem and updated the firmware.Can i see what firmware is inside the disk using a Program?

programs like hd tune will read the drive info.
  2. smorizio said:
    programs like hd tune will read the drive info.

Do you know if all of these hard drives have the problem with firmware or certain ones?
  3. Yes ,without problem no one can sell that.
    to see drive info : goto run msconfig lasttab systeminformation launch.
  4. hytecgowthaman said:
    Yes ,without problem no one can sell that.
    to see drive info : goto run msconfig lasttab systeminformation launch.

What do you mean with"Yes ,without problem no one can sell that. "?
  5. seagate web page will tell you the state date or ser# range of the bad drives. most times it dropping the ser# into a web page java script. if you have any issue with your drive you should ask on seagate forum..a seagte tech should be able to give you a date code range.
  6. alexakis99 said:

dear

where you buy this disk am looking for the same please send replay at vb.manoj@yahoo.com
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Firmware Seagate Storage