Sign in with
Your question

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.11 ST3500320AS firmware problem?

Last response: in Storage
December 27, 2012 10:11:14 AM

I just bought a Seagate Barracuda and i will have it tomorrow.I bought it from a company and it says it's used.The minimum time of usage is 6 month,is there a possibility that my disk doesn't have a problem with the firmware or all of these Hard Disk have the problem?Maybe the previous owner had the problem and updated the firmware.Can i see what firmware is inside the disk using a Program?
a c 131 G Storage
December 27, 2012 10:26:01 AM

alexakis99 said:
I just bought a Seagate Barracuda and i will have it tomorrow.I bought it from a company and it says it's used.The minimum time of usage is 6 month,is there a possibility that my disk doesn't have a problem with the firmware or all of these Hard Disk have the problem?Maybe the previous owner had the problem and updated the firmware.Can i see what firmware is inside the disk using a Program?

programs like hd tune will read the drive info.
December 27, 2012 10:29:18 AM

smorizio said:
programs like hd tune will read the drive info.

Do you know if all of these hard drives have the problem with firmware or certain ones?
Related resources
a b G Storage
December 27, 2012 10:44:30 AM

Yes ,without problem no one can sell that.
to see drive info : goto run msconfig lasttab systeminformation launch.
December 27, 2012 11:22:32 AM

hytecgowthaman said:
Yes ,without problem no one can sell that.
to see drive info : goto run msconfig lasttab systeminformation launch.

What do you mean with"Yes ,without problem no one can sell that. "?
a c 131 G Storage
December 28, 2012 2:29:03 PM

seagate web page will tell you the state date or ser# range of the bad drives. most times it dropping the ser# into a web page java script. if you have any issue with your drive you should ask on seagate forum..a seagte tech should be able to give you a date code range.
January 4, 2013 6:15:51 PM

alexakis99 said:

dear

where you buy this disk am looking for the same please send replay at vb.manoj@yahoo.com
!