Graphical Streaks While Gaming - HD 4850

xy0n28

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Hey all,

A couple of days ago I got into playing Bad Company 2. My PC runs it fine, but starting last night - sometimes my screen will randomly have streaks going all over the place. Once this happens, my other games also start having glitches, such as constantly flashing backgrounds.

I also noticed that the few times that I tried to ignore the streaks and continue gaming - my screen will turn black and I will have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE in order to exit my game. Once I do, on the bottom right corner of my screen will have the error "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding, and has recovered."

I'm a bit of a computer noob, but so far I have updated to my latest card drivers (10.7) and checked my GPU temps, which according to Catalyst Control Center, is 60°C idle, and around 75°C under load.

This is a very frustrating issue, I never had any problems with my card before and I would hate to have it die on me.

Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated. And also, I am open to any recommendations if I do have to replace my 4850. :cry:

Thanks in advance. And pictures of issues are attached.

7hglitchymj

mxdisplaydriverj

First, what is your PSU? brand? model? how old?
60'C idle and 75'C full load is normal for HD4850.

Second, try using the older driver that work with you before, sometime the older driver can be mode stable than the latest one...

Third, what kind of HD4850? is it single slot version?

xy0n28

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010

My PSU is about 2 years old. It is an CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V

Okay, I will give it a shot. Also I will try using CCC 10.4 as Tamz_msc suggested.

Ah, I made a mistake. My card is a PowerColor HD 4870; it should be a single slot. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131117