Sign in with
Your question
Closed

I Need Help Picking A Case

Last response: in Components
December 9, 2010 11:30:59 PM

Hey guys, I was supposed to get for the holidays the HAF X. Which I can't really get it anymore because the site I was to buy it from is sold out and I can't buy outside of TigerDirect, yeah I don't know why :(  . Anyways, I am buying an XL-ATX case for upgrading in the future. I need another case to get, I don't care how large it is. I just want a case that is around the same size as the HAF X or larger. I didn't actually do this before because the HAF X seems perfect for all, except I guess not perfect for Water Coolers. Is there actually anything bigger than the HAF X without getting into Server cases? I need any suggestions, my budget is 300 dollars but hey, just list any case you think is right and can support XL-ATX. Right now I am going to put a normal ATX case into it but I would like a big case so if I want to upgrade to something bigger in the future.

Needs: XL-ATX Case or Bigger (not server computer)
I Don't Care How it looks
Very Nice Air Cooling but can be easily upgraded to Watercooling
I like cases to look tall and wide, IDK I like big HONCHO computers, not server size though.

P.S. What is coming next in the late future after XL-ATX? And what case would last me a long time, material and size wise.

More about : picking case

December 10, 2010 1:38:47 PM

Wat r u gona put it in there? Full tower cases are more then enough for many components. HAF X can be replaced with HAF 932, both are about same.

If u can specify the components u think or will put inside it then we can be more clear of ur case needs.
December 10, 2010 8:08:20 PM

mianmars said:
Wat r u gona put it in there? Full tower cases are more then enough for many components. HAF X can be replaced with HAF 932, both are about same.

If u can specify the components u think or will put inside it then we can be more clear of ur case needs.

Yeah sure, I was just going to put a normal ATX size motherboard in the case for right now. In the future, about two years, Sandy Bridge mobos would hopefully be out and I would just want to be on the safe side with a big case. I just want to know what other cases are around the same size? I also heard that you had to do case modifications to run the EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI Motherboard. I just want a case so I would have the option to put something like that in a case with ease. Also I have not found any store in my area that sells supplies like this. The only thing close was a local shop which sold old Geforce graphics cards. I would go to a store in my area right now if I found out they had this case. I just want to have a cool ( speaking temperature wise ) case for whatever hardware I may want to put in it in the future.
Related resources

Best solution

December 10, 2010 8:32:28 PM

^ HAF 932 is fine for you, its a Full tower with gr8 air flow and water cooling option, i am using it myself. It can run both ATX and E-ATX sizes boards, those 4-way sli boards are normally ATX size but some r E-ATX as well so u dont need any mods to fit it in HAF 932 cause it already can handle E-ATX.
December 10, 2010 8:45:10 PM

That's awesome, if the HAF 932 can do this all then what are people actually paying for in the HAF X?? The USB 3.0 Slots?? D:
December 11, 2010 2:41:33 AM

Best answer selected by VolvoDoeJoe.
a b ) Power supply
December 11, 2010 4:18:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!