HELP Foxconn mars board not Turn on

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
I have foxconn mars motherboard

When I hit turn on button it won't start, It has 2 led lights, Blue for when mobo has power and Red when PC is turened on,

Still Blue led working when i gave power to mobo, But when i switch on PC it wont start, No fans working,

This happened yesterday,

My PC normally comes bios screen after 1-2 seconds, But last 3-4 starts it took more than 1 minute to show bios screen,
After that it works normally in windows, No errors. Even I restart PC it turn on with out any delay in bios,

But after Some time same problem, delay to reach bios,

And from yesterday My PC not working, no fans working, but mobo blue led light is on,

I checked my PSU, Ram, VGA, CPU with another motherboard and worked 100%

Help :( :( :( :(

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

I cleared cmos, but didn't work

I try with one ram but still didn't work

I can't update bios, my pc not booting,

Do you know anything about motherboard Jumpers

Because. My mobo manual say closing 1,2 means clear cmos and closing 2,3 means default or normal,

But My motherboard always worked with 1,2 closed and default way never worked until yesterday,

But now both ways not working Help :( :( :( :(

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

Yes board is LGA 775

foxconnMars_full.jpg

unledpvw.jpg

If mobo dead why Stand by led of mobo working and also I re installed everything and set mobo jumper 1,2 close and not worked,
After I changed it to 2,3 closed and mobo start works once again suddenly, But only fans worked, no display.

why my default mobo jumper not working?

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

I looked mobo carefully, There are no any burn marks,

And also today I managed to run my PC normally and load windows 7 also, everything is looked normal even temperatures also ok , But there is one problem,

It take more than 1 minute to show bios screen, This is happening after my PC shut down for 6-7 hours and I try to turn on it again it takes lot of time to reach bios screen, Do you have any Idea about it ? And It won't happen when I restart PC.

And another important thing is My mobo Jumpers not work as manual says. It works opposite to the manual.

Manual says closing 1,2 means reset bios but my mobo works when 1,2 closed, when I closed 2,3 which should be default/normal mobo jumper setting my PC never turn on, :( :( :( :( :(

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

When jumper removed PC is not booting,

Today I changed the cmos battery and inserted new battery in morning and after that my PC again not turned on,

But surprisingly it turned on in the evening without changing anything,

But My cpu Changed itself core2quad to core2duo and also core temp showed only 2 cpu's(In POST screen it show name as core2quad but within brackets it showed only 2 cpus, I was shocked and thought my 2 cors are gone)

And I again restarted PC and after that it showed CPU correctly. Is my CPU has something wrong,

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

I checked my all PC component with out motherboard with one of my friend's Mobo and all workes 100%

And also I checked my motherboard with my friend's PSU, CPU, RAM but my mobo not worked,

So simply I guessed My mobo has the fault.

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011

isuru003

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Ok , I try replacing chip first and also buying adapter 4 to 8pin also will help,

I'll post here when I replace my mobo bios chip.

henydiah and werner123, Thanks for your support,