Sign in with
Your question

HELP Foxconn mars board not Turn on

Last response: in Motherboards
August 7, 2011 5:37:06 AM

I have foxconn mars motherboard

When I hit turn on button it won't start, It has 2 led lights, Blue for when mobo has power and Red when PC is turened on,

Still Blue led working when i gave power to mobo, But when i switch on PC it wont start, No fans working,

This happened yesterday,

My PC normally comes bios screen after 1-2 seconds, But last 3-4 starts it took more than 1 minute to show bios screen,
After that it works normally in windows, No errors. Even I restart PC it turn on with out any delay in bios,

But after Some time same problem, delay to reach bios,

And from yesterday My PC not working, no fans working, but mobo blue led light is on,

I checked my PSU, Ram, VGA, CPU with another motherboard and worked 100%

Help :(  :(  :(  :( 
August 7, 2011 11:23:16 AM

werner123 said:
Have you cleared your cmos? could be that your mobo just went bad. Install just 1 memory module to see what happens . If you can try updating your bios, your bios rom data could be corrupted.

I cleared cmos, but didn't work

I try with one ram but still didn't work

I can't update bios, my pc not booting,

Do you know anything about motherboard Jumpers

Because. My mobo manual say closing 1,2 means clear cmos and closing 2,3 means default or normal,

But My motherboard always worked with 1,2 closed and default way never worked until yesterday,

But now both ways not working Help :(  :(  :(  :( 

m
l
August 7, 2011 1:33:06 PM

werner123 said:
I really think your board is gone, usually 1,2 is normal and 2,3 is clear cmos make sure it's at default so it does not clear the cmos every time you boot your pc. Is it a lga 775 board? Motherboards are cheap just get a new one because you already said you tested everything with another board so the conclusion is obvious. Motherboards die it's just the way it is. Maybe you could try booting your pc by shorthing the power switch pins by using a jumper or screw driver

Yes board is LGA 775

If mobo dead why Stand by led of mobo working and also I re installed everything and set mobo jumper 1,2 close and not worked,
After I changed it to 2,3 closed and mobo start works once again suddenly, But only fans worked, no display.

why my default mobo jumper not working?
m
l
Related resources
August 8, 2011 12:28:31 PM

werner123 said:
Even if your fans is spinning and mobo led is on does not mean it is not dead, faulty boards can still boot but will show nothing on your display, and like you said you tested all your components on another board and it works. If you have the money, upgrade to a sandy bridge, or use the board that you used to test the components on, take a flashlight and look for any unusual signs of physical damage on the board, like a leaked/blown capacitor or something or burned memory sockets. Did you hear any weird popping sounds when this happened when you turned on your pc? Also remove the pin on the clear cmos jumper to see what happens use another cmos battery, should not make any difference but just check

I looked mobo carefully, There are no any burn marks,

And also today I managed to run my PC normally and load windows 7 also, everything is looked normal even temperatures also ok , But there is one problem,

It take more than 1 minute to show bios screen, This is happening after my PC shut down for 6-7 hours and I try to turn on it again it takes lot of time to reach bios screen, Do you have any Idea about it ? And It won't happen when I restart PC.

And another important thing is My mobo Jumpers not work as manual says. It works opposite to the manual.

Manual says closing 1,2 means reset bios but my mobo works when 1,2 closed, when I closed 2,3 which should be default/normal mobo jumper setting my PC never turn on, :(  :(  :(  :(  :( 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 8, 2011 3:15:13 PM

The last option test it, unplug power ac from psu remove cpu,remove hdd/cd drive, remove ram everything next install again CPU,
Try use PSU + CPU + MOBO + speaker mobo . Turn on
If you hear beep it's mean OK . If no beep and light on mobo turn on , Cpu fail.
Very worth if you can try it in outside case, and you can check everything in mobo.
m
l
August 9, 2011 11:49:33 AM

werner123 said:
What happens when you remove the jumper completely? does your time and config settings in bios reset when jumper is at 1,2

Also since you can boot the pc now, try updating the bios with latest version. there is definitely something wrong with your board. If you have any, unplug all devices that's connected to your usb ports etc. Have you tried another mouse/keyboard combination with ps/2 connection? know it sounds silly but were talking about pc's here

When jumper removed PC is not booting,

Today I changed the cmos battery and inserted new battery in morning and after that my PC again not turned on,

But surprisingly it turned on in the evening without changing anything,

But My cpu Changed itself core2quad to core2duo and also core temp showed only 2 cpu's(In POST screen it show name as core2quad but within brackets it showed only 2 cpus, I was shocked and thought my 2 cors are gone)

And I again restarted PC and after that it showed CPU correctly. Is my CPU has something wrong,
m
l
August 9, 2011 11:55:24 AM

henydiah said:
The last option test it, unplug power ac from psu remove cpu,remove hdd/cd drive, remove ram everything next install again CPU,
Try use PSU + CPU + MOBO + speaker mobo . Turn on
If you hear beep it's mean OK . If no beep and light on mobo turn on , Cpu fail.
Very worth if you can try it in outside case, and you can check everything in mobo.

I checked my all PC component with out motherboard with one of my friend's Mobo and all workes 100%

And also I checked my motherboard with my friend's PSU, CPU, RAM but my mobo not worked,

So simply I guessed My mobo has the fault.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2011 3:49:25 AM

i see your mobo have power 8Pin near CPU ( or CPU supply), do you use 4pin only to supply it ? also bad chip bios and Battery Bios can cause that
m
l
August 10, 2011 10:48:02 AM

werner123 said:
Did you update the bios like i suggested? it's worth a shot

could possibly be corrupted bios rom

yes I have already have latest bios,
m
l
August 10, 2011 10:56:47 AM

henydiah said:
i see your mobo have power 8Pin near CPU ( or CPU supply), do you use 4pin only to supply it ? also bad chip bios and Battery Bios can cause that

Yes I have 8 pin but I use 4 pin, I heard extra 4 pin for overclock (I m not sure)

I heard it from My previous thread here,

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2011 11:22:18 AM

You can try use adapter 4 to 8pin . This function not for overclock only but it will give you more power and stability and full TDP for cpu.
m
l
August 10, 2011 11:59:42 AM

Ok , I try replacing chip first and also buying adapter 4 to 8pin also will help,

I'll post here when I replace my mobo bios chip.

henydiah and werner123, Thanks for your support,
m
l
November 3, 2011 3:50:33 AM

i have same problem. Any one can teach me step by step in this mobo. Pls help me
m
l
November 3, 2011 3:50:55 AM

i have same problem. Any one can teach me step by step in this mobo. Pls help me
m
l
!