Sign in with
Your question

HDD & SSD storage questions

Last response: in Storage
December 27, 2012 3:40:00 PM

I recently finished my first build and installed Windows 7 and all of my drivers. I installed a SSD and an HDD. I installed the OS onto the SSD and everything works fine. I only want games and my OS on my SSD. I do not want any other junk or misc. writing onto it and taking up space because at the moment the drive is listed as my :C Drive for main storage. My HDD is set up, but only serves as the secondary storage device. I have to manually target downloads to save onto my HDD. I would also like to know how I can place my User folders such as: Music, Videos, Documents, etc. to save to my HDD. I want my HDD to be my main drive while my SSD holds OS and Games. I am not well informed in fiddling with my HDD/SDD and need someone to point me to the right article, so I do not mess up my hard drives with actions I will regret.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/ [...] ng-windows
Is this article explaining my situation? "This guide is applicable to the person who has Windows currently starting up from one hard disk/hard disk controller combination, and wants to start that same Windows installation up from a different hard disk/hard disk controller on the same computer."
!