Graphics card

Solution
Need to know, at a minmum, what GPU you are using now, and the type of monitor you have and how you are connecting to it (VGA, DVI, HDMI, display port, etc). Also, need to know what optical drive you have (blu-ray burner) and what disk burning and playback software you are using.

To perform properly is more than a matter of whether the GPU meets the requirements.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Need to know, at a minmum, what GPU you are using now, and the type of monitor you have and how you are connecting to it (VGA, DVI, HDMI, display port, etc). Also, need to know what optical drive you have (blu-ray burner) and what disk burning and playback software you are using.

To perform properly is more than a matter of whether the GPU meets the requirements.

Solution

woodb51

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010

It is a NVidia GEForce 8400. I have a Samsung 2494SW full 1080P monitor with a DVI hookup, no HDMI since I already have HD sound on my computer. I want to get Blu-ray burner so does it matter what optical drive I have now? My playback software is Pixella I got when I purchased my Cnon camcorder, which by the way records in AVCHD format!
Thanks for the response!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just get the best burner you can afford and you should be fine with the components you have listed. I am not familiar with Pixella, so I can't advise you there. BTW, depending on the BD-burner you buy, it may come bundled with player software.

Newegg's highest rated BD-burner is below. Looks like a pretty good deal with some bundled software:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136181