Sign in with
Your question

Asus Eee PC 1215n or Lenovo Thinkpad SL410

Last response: in Systems
September 17, 2010 7:45:31 PM

I have a dilemma that I need some help with. I'm looking to get a cheaper laptop for school and I have narrowed it down to two. The first is the Asus Eee PC 1215n which has discrete graphics and a dual core atom CPU for $549. The second is the Lenovo ThinkPad SL410 with a dual core celeron, integrated graphics and a larger screen space for $439.20 (539.20 with a Core 2 Duo) with their current sale.

Now I'm a computer science student who will be commuting to school everyday and I would like a laptop that I can code away on without many problems. I like the 1215n because it would be nice to be able to use it as a portable media center as well, long battery life, and I think that the discrete graphics might be a big help in general. I like the Thinkpad because it has a more powerful CPU which could be helpful in compiling, it has a larger (albeit glossy) screen size and it's really cheap right now.

Anyone have experience with either notebook or ones similar that can tell me which is more likely to work best for me?
September 18, 2010 3:44:42 PM

If you are not gaming go with the Lenovo. The only advantage of the discrete in the Asus is gaming and it is not a very strong GPU.
(p.s. Currently have two netbooks under RMA @ ASUS 1201n and 1000HE)
m
l
!