Will a GTX460 run on a 425w power supply?

Hello, Can someone please tell me if a GTX460 will run on my xps420 power spply as I am looking to upgrade
12 answers Last reply
More about will gtx460 425w power supply
  1. Can you post specifications of your powersupply?
  2. Dell usually makes good power supplies but as vTL123 said, we need more information regarding its specification.
  3. Youre better off also upgrading your Power supply to a qualtiy 500w Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, or Enermax
  4. Quote:
    Hello, Can someone please tell me if a GTX460 will run on my xps420 power spply as I am looking to upgrade

Will it run? The answer to your question is "maybe... and even if it does, not very well".

The best bet is to invest in a more powerful PSU, at least 500W. Make sure the unit is purchased from a reputable company with good Powersupplies: XFX, Corsair, OCZ, Antec, etc... Don't go with one of those no name companies.
  5. it would proabably run it for a while. but i wouldnt do it :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341022
    this one is good for the price and will run the gtx460
  6. While we are on the topic, what's a good power supply for two 460's ?
  7. corsair 650
  8. Annisman said:
    While we are on the topic, what's a good power supply for two 460's ?

you are also upgrading the PSU?? why not use the zalman that you currently have?
  9. Quote:

Power consumption is basically the same as an 8800 GTX, that was offered as an upgrade on the XPS410 with it's 375 watt power supply.
    That's not to say that you wouldn't be better off with an upgraded psu, but you shouldn't fear running a 460 with what you have.
  10. I think it should be alright but I would probably avoid overclocking on that PSU.
  11. OvrClkr said:
    you are also upgrading the PSU?? why not use the zalman that you currently have?

Well yeah, I'm going to. It was just a question....

Which I still need anwsered btw ^^
  12. You already got a suggestion for a 650w Corsair. It's a good one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Power Supplies Power Graphics Product