Ati HD 5770

hey all


I bought a HD 5770 a week ago and I read that the temperature of the video card must be 42 but I have 50, so it that ok or ?

xfx hd 5770
http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=500610


intel core q9300 2,5 ghz
ram 6 gb
HP 460W POWER SUPPLY 5188-2862 24-pin
1000 tb
5 answers Last reply
More about 5770
  1. I don't think you have any reasons to worry. That temp is in idle ?
  2. 50 is fine. Let us know your temperatures on load. 41 deg mentioned in reviews are under testing conditions and they are quite different from normal usage. So if your temperatures are a bit higher than them, no need to worry. Just make sure they don't overshoot by quite a bit. Mention your load temperatures, lets say 2 hours of gaming or something.

    Although sometimes a faulty PSU leads to higher temperatures. What is that brand called HP?

    Also... 1000TB??? :o
  3. semthan said:
    hey all


    I bought a HD 5770 a week ago and I read that the temperature of the video card must be 42 but I have 50, so it that ok or ?

    xfx hd 5770
    http://www.komplett.se/k/ki.aspx?sku=500610


    intel core q9300 2,5 ghz
    ram 6 gb
    HP 460W POWER SUPPLY 5188-2862 24-pin
    1000 tb


    Anonymous said:
    I don't think you have any reasons to worry. That temp is in idle ?



    yeah and in the load 70
  4. hell_storm2004 said:
    50 is fine. Let us know your temperatures on load. 41 deg mentioned in reviews are under testing conditions and they are quite different from normal usage. So if your temperatures are a bit higher than them, no need to worry. Just make sure they don't overshoot by quite a bit. Mention your load temperatures, lets say 2 hours of gaming or something.

    Although sometimes a faulty PSU leads to higher temperatures. What is that brand called HP?

    Also... 1000TB??? :o


    when i play a game the load temp is 70 or more

    this is my pc
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01659234&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_us/c01659234/loc:2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3894685

    i mean 1TB :D
  5. Gfx chip temperature is related not only to the load on the chip but also to ambient conditions such as room temperature and how well the air is circulated in the PC case. But for all practical purposes, 50 deg Celcius is not bad at all.

    Under load, the chip temperature may go up as high as 95-105 deg C before permanent damage occurs.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon HD Graphics