Sign in with
Your question

Help with Hard Drive Partition

Last response: in Storage
December 27, 2012 6:13:54 PM

I recently purchased a lenovo y580. It came with a 500GB HD installed. I put in a 128GB SSD and did a fresh install of windows. I never really did anything to the partitions on the other hard drive. I left the OS that was installed on the original HD, so it is still called Windows7_OS and I use it to store all my data. The Lenovo partition has drivers and I believe it allows the "One Key Recovery" application to work, and it should not be touched.

Am I losing optimized function with the way this setup is? Is there anything I should change?

I really dont know anything about hard drives and partitioning, so any advice and direction is appreciated.

More about : hard drive partition

a b G Storage
January 6, 2013 12:16:12 AM

I think you can reinstall the software that did the"One Key Recovery" on disk 0 of your currently os. And then open this software find out where your "One Key Recovery" image is, then you can use it to recover your system. But this feature will not appear on screen when restart.

In addition, currrent AOMEI Technology(who possess AOMEI Partition Assistant) produce a free data backup software-AOMEI Data Backuper, if you are not mind to obtain a free , nice and powerful backup software, I would like to suggest you use it for your data bacup purpose, you can download it from cnet: http://download.cnet.com/AOMEI-Data-Backuper/3000-2242_....
m
l
!