Headlie

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I'm having a problem with Speedfan. It doesn't seem to load when I run it. The process shows up in task manager, but the program doesn't open. I don't see it running in the system tray, and no window opens up.

I have used Speedfan on this laptop before, but now it's not working for me.

Any ideas?

I'm running XP Pro SP3, with Microsoft Security Essentials for my antivirus. I have tried disabling the antivirus to see if that was causing the issue, but it still doesn't work. I'm stumped. Don't know why it's not working for me.

Headlie

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Thanks saint19. I'll give HWMonitor a try. But this Speedfan thing is bugging the heck out of me. I would still like to figure out why it doesn't work for me now, on the same laptop and all same software installed. It's just strange. I must be missing something, but I don't know what.

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Conflict between malwarebytes and speedfan? Maybe your speedfan was hit by a virus and malwarebytes quarantine the application (speedfan). You can try re installing it.

You can also Allow it to pass as an exception in your firewall or in malwarebytes (I thing their is under options or settings).

Headlie

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Seems to be a conflict between the 2 apps. I have tried adding all speedfan files to the exclusions list, and still have issues. I have an open thread going about it over at techguy[dot]org forums.