Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need help. I think i have a bad hard drive

Last response: in Storage
December 27, 2012 9:35:14 PM

a few days ago i got a new gaming PC. I installed about 300 gigs worth of games and programs on it the first 2 days. so i decided to see if i have any disk fragmentation to clean up. I used the windows disk defragger and it said i have 15% fragmentation. i tried to defrag but it always got stuck at 49%. so i did the disk check on startup. i started it at 2 AM and i woke up at 8 30 ish and it was at 98 percent. i wondered if it got stuck becuase i watched it for a while and it was doing about 1 percent every 2 minutes or so. did it hit a bad patch and was cleaning it or did it freeze up. ive read that i could have a faulty hard drive. this morning i turned it off when it was at 98% because i left for my cabin for 3 days. and i didnt want to leave it on. idk what to do here. thanks!

More about : bad hard drive

Best solution

a c 86 G Storage
December 27, 2012 10:01:54 PM

The disk check can take very long for a big hdd. Start it again an leave it alone. The last x% of the check are a different stage and not counted right.
December 28, 2012 5:41:36 PM

Best answer selected by slyrez.
Score
Related resources
December 28, 2012 5:41:59 PM

noidea_77 said:
The disk check can take very long for a big hdd. Start it again an leave it alone. The last x% of the check are a different stage and not counted right.

thats good to hear! thanks
Score
December 28, 2012 9:45:46 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!